Industrial nylon tough enough for esk8?

looks like a good print quality, espacially for your first nylon try!

2 Likes

This was my 1st print to actually finish. I failed probably 10 times before this, but they were all huge messes.

3 Likes

@Sapphirinia what 3d printer do you use? And are you using a nylon print for the motor pulley or just the wheel pulley. I’ve been thinking of purchasing some PC-MAX filament to test some motor pulleys, but need to build an enclosure for my CR-10S so i have a fighting chance.

I have the monoprice Maker select v2. I only made the wheel pulley. Basically using the same motor Pulley that I was using before. I have the all-metal hotend and glass bed.

I’m literally taking home my 3D printer today so just starting this stuff. If you do ever experiment with filaments and find anything worth mentioning, please do, after watching many youtube videos and reading lots of marketing spiel from manufacturers, i think the way to go will be Nylon, PC or carbonyte for high strength and durability. PETG possibly for other stuff (maybe wheel pulleys as well…maybe).

Award will be given for making a motor pulley, which at the moment doesn’t seem possible (it will work, but not for very long)

My bet would still be Alloy 910 Filament, which is a nylon blender with polycarbonate. I printed a Benchy with it once and could not manage to permanently damage it in any way. Super tough stuff.

1 Like