Increasing range by unplugging motor

So you actually mean the bell ? I actually read shaft lol

1 Like

noā€¦

he means the stator :rofl:

1 Like

Iā€™m probably thinking too practical. is he looking for an inside constraint rather than an outside.

stator is the inside part with all the windings

bell is the outside part with magnets in it

1 Like

Yeah I get that. but unless heā€™s looking for a sensor ring or something, why would it matter. the bell always covers it

heā€™s probably trying to compare stator sizes to different motors. bigger stator = more copper = more powa!

1 Like

Doesnā€™t matter at all what heā€™s doing. If you canā€™t read a question or understand the question, what is the purpose of answering?

2 Likes

Maybe rephrasing the question so the answers can be on point. (ignoring my reading mistake). If it was relevant information I would assume itā€™s mentioned in the specs.

Edit: The stator of a sk3 192kv 6374 is spec. as 5045.

Iā€™m sure it was a missreading, stator is very similar to shaft or bell. No sarcasm involved.

1 Like

My helicopter will have increased range running on one engine in flight vs two. But having that second engine running is requiredā€¦ Oh well.

2 Likes

Comparing poatoes to oranges?

I forgot I had posted that question, lol. Yes you are correct in what I was essentially asking.

back to topic: using 1 or 2 motors wonā€™t make a huge difference. 1 motor will use say 30amps to get me going, 2 motors will use 15amps EACH. there might be a slight difference but that would be something among the lines of 1mile on 50miles. if you want to increase your range, go slower or upgrade your battery.