[Inactive] Vesc android/iOS app

So I have the app and a Everton 4.12 vest how do I link the two?

You need to get a Bluetooth module. I used the HM-10. This thread has the pin outs: http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/recording-data-from-vesc-summary-of-tools/7020/13

Can 1 bt module and the app be used to change settings on dual vesc setup?

1 Like

Does this work with clone HM10s? The ones on ebay? @jacobbloy

I tried using bluetooth to connect to my board but it didn’t work. It was connected to my phone but he app couldn’t sense it. Any ideas on how to fix it.

I’ve found this app to be quite buggy, so I frankly wouldn’t rely on it very much.

But I’ll try and help. What’s the exact bluetooth module you’re using?

You should get in contact with that METR app guy, and make something beautiful together;)

I have no clue. It was a prebuilt board

Great App - I love the Advanced overview page. But I got one problem/question: How the values in the “Settings” page of the App are stored ? At every relaunch I have to type in my specs (Motor pulley, diameter, Battery Type, etc) new again. Is there a way to store it ? Thanks

Hey there, I am new on the forum, is this App still available? It seems I cannot PM anyone yet, so I decided to ask here, since I cannot find this app neither in US or Europe AppStore, do we still need to request it from Jacob directly? I have mi UDID ready :slight_smile:

It does look like the app isn’t available anymore, but I wouldn’t recommend you use it anyways. It was quite buggy. I recommend Android users get @Ackmaniac’s app. The links is a few posts above. Right now, there isn’t a very good option for iOS users (in my opinion). metr.at and perimetr are both made by a guy on here, but he requires that you buy the bluetooth module from him.

Thanks, I have figured out, that metr and perimeter would be the best solution, but I have a bunch of HM10 modules already, and I find it a not-so-nice solution to buy a dedicated module. I would be happier to pay for the app, or only the margin he makes on selling these modules…

Anyways, I have been able to get my hands on an Android device, and have tried all available apps there, but with no success. I can connect to the HM10CONTROL, but it seems there is no communication with the FW. Tried different Bauds, etc.

If I understand it correctly, Arcmaniac’s app needs a dedicated firmware, and it looks like I got myself a Maytech VESC, which are believed not to have the bootloader, so FW upgrade is not an option… I will try it later though…

You still can see the real time data and record videos. But you are not able to change the settings without my firmware mod.

Ok, thanks for the info. I was under the impression, that it needed something special, since your app did not find the HM10 device, whereas VESC Control does find it… I guess I need to double check the HM10 settings… I recall something about Adafruit Uart Friend support? I will read your thread for information.

To See the bt Module u need to turn on the Board and the remote!! Just after that u will See the Module in the App… Sadly there is no Information about this @Ackmaniac

What do you mean by saying the Board and the Remote? I am using ADC input to control the motor, and I was told that ADC and UART has to be active in the BLDC tool…

I need that apk file.

Didnt find it on app store. How its called there?..

I too have been looking for this app on the iOS App Store, I guess this app was abandoned