Im trying to start making eboards

Hi,

Until last November I was living in Hong Kong and while it is probably going to be expensive to get stuff shipped from the US, most of the component can be found there.

my first board was 6S and I got batteries, charger and motors from Hobby king, their main office is in Hong Kong, shipping is free or cheap and you get stuff in 1 or 2 days.

You can get FVT 6S ESC from Taobao for around 350HKD the FVT 12S should be around 900HKD, small 2.4ghz controller can also be found on Taobao for something like 120HKD. In fact, most of the parts can be found on Taobao, blank flywheels, some Chinese made hub motors, battery cases and so on.

you could also get the RC stuff from Mongkok and supplies for soldering from Sham Shui Po.

The only thing I would order from abroad would be the drive Kit and motor mount although there are plenty of kits on Taobao All I have seen there are HTD3 pitch belt and pulleys and the motor mounts is made for 50mm motors. I have tried the kits from enertion and Torqueboard and they are much better quality than those I tried from China.

I already had a board so I did not have to buy one but I looked around, there is not that much choice in Hong Kong.

Hope it helps.

single tacon motor 245kv custom 10s 2p pack or 10s lipo pack 10 or 15 by 32 tooth puley vesc and caliber or 195mm trucks if you want dul rear

I have talked to torqueboards personally and he hs confirmed that he himself rides with high kv motors on 12s without any difficulty and also recommends this to others.

Do you have any experience with the pulley size with the tacon 245kv… I ordered 14 to 36… Will I get enough speed for takeoff, or is this an okay gearing ratio?? I ordered them a while ago and they are finally coming in tomorrow :slight_smile:

getting a new tacon soon!!! Gearing wise ive been running 5mm pitch 10 by 32 tooth and its going great but i also ordered a new 15tooth pulley. What belt size are you going to be using?

@willpark16 - This is with my 12S TorqueBoards ESC and not the VESC. 10S is recommended for a 200kv or higher motor. VESC will need to be tested if you plan on doing it at 12S but as many people have mentioned already - no luck.

Htd5 9mm how is the torque with the motor?? It’s the higher the number of teeth the more torque right??

lower teeth means more torque but you also want more teeth in the mesh of the belt.@JLabs

Oh excuse my error then, Ive been trying to stay around 10 and 8s

Hey dude, thanks for the help and it really useful. By the way did you bring your board with you when you left or did u sell? Asking cus if it is still in hk somewhere, i want it!

No problem, glad I helped. I was surprised Of the number of DIY e-skateboard items that were sold in China.

Sorry, I took my board with me and as many spare parts I could afford. Where I am now, it is Close to impossible to find parts and shipping from anywhere in the world is very expensive.