I'm an outlaw! Burn noticed! A fugitive from a facebook group!

omg im dying lmfao

8 Likes

To be honest this isnā€™t a new thing. Evolve wouldnā€™t sell me a Bms exactly 1 year ago when I made a 15.8ah Maple GT. I donā€™t think theyā€™ve really ever sold them without you buying the whole board. And why would they? Itā€™s not a DIY board part supplier brand. They took the route that suits most consumers of selling a complete board. Most people donā€™t have the smarts to DIY and wouldnā€™t even have thought of building a better board before Jeff got his company pumping and set the threshold. If they sold parts they certainly would be doing themselves a disservice by allowing people to make a better product more easily. At least by restricting sales of BMS they have slowed the inevitable. By the way my 50km AT Maple GT is kicking arse with no voltage sag. No regrets throwing out that BGT battery. Just glad my bms hasnā€™t failed.

They sold me a BMS to fix a customerā€™s board a while back, so there was a pathway for extracting them. Now there seems to be none.

Do you think they just wonā€™t sell you a BMS?

No i donā€™t think that. Why would I? Believe me, thereā€™s plenty of room in here for both you and my ego.

1 Like

My mom just bought a 10 pack of bmsā€™s. In Your FACE!

3 Likes

LoLz. No, I mean, they might not sell them to you because they know you like to upgrade their batteriesā€¦

Clearly, they are convinced that not using 18650 is a good idea. I wonder if their new F1 model will use 18650

LOL yeah that could be the case. Iā€™m not the only one doing it though. Iā€™m just making it highly visible that iā€™m doing it. Theyā€™re leaving money on the table by not selling certain parts.

exactly ! Leave LHB Alone !

2 Likes

glad you took the heat off me.

1 Like

This one is dedicated to you @longhairedboy

10 Likes

dude iā€™m dying so hard right now. I WANT THAT JACKET!! How did you where? i want!!

3 Likes

LOL Joe Dassin, perfect!

1 Like

I sent them emails asking to buy their BMS for a faulty battery, but they said no and told me to ship my board back to them to re-install another shitty battery. :confounded:

If you can somehow get an Evolve BMS, Iā€™d totally buy it off you. :cry:

1 Like

Downhill with a disconnected remote!

1 Like

I get the same feeling from boosted board. Itā€™s weird to me how some companies want to be a part of the larger eskate scene, talk DIY, respect what others in the community are doing and take part in local activities with other boards/groups. Others want nothing to do with any other board, have their own board specific group rides and delete any post that doesnā€™t relate 100% to their product. Iā€™m all about the community, I donā€™t like any of this ā€œmy board is the bestā€ bullshit. All the boards have different inherent qualities and each one is suited for different people and different environments. Iā€™m still fascinated how Evolve has a World Cup every year where they donā€™t invite any other companies. xD loved seeing you riding with moja in Atlanta @longhairedboy he was the same way in Colorado when he visited us, he tried all our boards and had mad respect for everyone else! Boosted board came a week later and they refused to ride any of our boards because they ā€œwerenā€™t allowed.ā€ :-/ the group ride with them was truly lame in comparison to the Enertion ride with 1/3 the people. The boosted rep didnā€™t even know how many cells were in the new extended range battery or what a VESC wasā€¦ he literally told me ā€œI just ride them, I donā€™t know how theyā€™re builtā€

3 Likes

I caught myself biting my bottom lip and shimming my shoulders to the music lol

1 Like

They want people to keep buying batteries from them. You are the best option, thatā€™s why they donā€™t like you

1 Like

Thanks all for the kind words ! I love riding with people, whatever the brand of their board. On an individual standpoint, I just hate these little die hard fanboys and also brands attitude. Brands can direct a lot of things, which includes their rider/fanboy/friends (not these who like the brand for few free hats or free stuff to be part of their ā€œfamilyā€). Buying sympathy is just idiot. Controlling people is failing game. Today our societies are open, information flows becoming more and more agile. Putting firewalls, barriers will fail and hit them back.

To me, the only smart way to do business when you are such a big brand like Evolve, Boosted is to join global ESK8 movements like some of us created. Everyone is happy and customers/upcoming riders can make their own choice, be more knowledgeable. I see a lot of arrogance from Evolve. Few of the riders have asked (one of them being an ambassador but not only a great/skilled rider/person too) to promote ESK8FR events and they didnā€™t answer back. Brands like Mellow, Acton shared the events and join us on a regular basis. I think thatā€™s a shame. There is no battle and will never be battles between riders, most of them donā€™t even know what is a battery or voltage sag (although some of them have few teeth missing!). Itā€™s just about the brand and the leadership style they are adopting. Arrogance and Isolation has never been a good one.

Hereā€™s the youtube video. Iā€™m definitely going to love this sweat!

3 Likes

esk8-companies are competitors but esk8-riders are not, we donā€™t wanna take part in their stupid brand-games like the fanboys and ambassadors do. We care about best technology, not about best marketing, brand-logos and shit :sunglasses:

our weapon against this missionarism is education

6 Likes