ICE CRUSHER | 16ply HOLYPRO | 4W chain drive MTB | 4x 6374 170kV APS | quad ESCAPE | Steering damper

That weight is epic :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I see what you mean with the hubs, clever designed.

:rofl:

3 Likes

wow, it’s Christmas before the hour here!

what a beautiful badass monster board you make Andy !!! Massive! With that you’ll go everywhere, the hardest thing will be to stay on maybe :smile: just kidding

Did you do more awesome photo comparison of your two setups side by side? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

thx for the kind words @Riako ! I didn´t take more pictures side by side yet. As soon as the light white is ready I can make a full comparison between the two boards with pictures if there is an interest.

1 Like

Yes please :relaxed: ! I like photos, I like comparing photos, I like to see new stuff new thing new setup, yours are making exactly what I wanted with 2 eMTB (before I meet my precious Bergmeister :smile:) .

Enjoy your ride this WE :v:

4 Likes

will do than one :ok_hand:

Those are some good looking board :smile: So, all the board where the bindings are mounted goofy are yours? :thinking:

haha thanks, but no ^^ only the DarthVapor (right one on itch pic)

1 Like

how the mbs deck feels, if you can compair it to a trampa deck?

I haven’t ridden so much a Trampa deck yet … Or MBS. But what I could say from my many tests on other setup or customer test ride : The arc shape is really weird, I like flatten deck under feet or even with concave (like the scrub or mbs deck (with round tips - bird and Dylan W)). Surprisingly a Trampa feel stiffer. And being used to ride a flexy deck I feel more comfortable on my scrub. MBS hard like no flex for me ^^ My scrub was like a trampoline at first, it’s why a vaccum sandwich it with carbon fiber. More responsive, still plenty of flex. Until I get myself another deck, my custom will stay my fan one. But I want more stance (Im 1m96 - 45/46 EU size). I think the right one could be the brand new Colab :star_struck: stiffy but more precision during the ride… But it depends a lot of the use, rider weight. Off road, run on track, cruise on little trail, or road.

To make short, I guess if I have to buy another one would be neither mbs or Trampa, maybe more an X-shape or the colab … if I could get it a try ! arg

Also a hear a lot of good feedback from theWillozboard deck : https://wib-sport.com/206-large_default/willozboard-plateau-ultimate.jpg https://wib-sport.com/207-large_default/willozboard-plateau-ultimate.jpg

2 Likes

oh that raw wood looks so goood! thx for open me a new horizon :smile: as i´m still very new to it (and didn´t have had any big skate time before) i don´t know a lot of brands and options. Super happy to see other stuff and get there inspiration from. now i think i need a third mtb…:drooling_face:

1 Like

Animal, not sure how I missed this oof

1 Like

Too less updates… easy to miss

T2 tires? That’s what I plan on grabbing along with the bindings, looking for the most knurled 9”

Have you found any 10” tire possibilities that may fit to the 3DServisas hubs btw?

1 Like

:sweat_smile: that’s only for comparison. Sorry for to disappoint you. I use only the 9“ wheels but I thought it would be nice to mount them together. Not sure though if the 5 m4 bolts would be enough to hold the two hubs together. I think for 10“ you need even wider hubs and you would need to extend the trucks too.

1 Like

From the pics I think my journey ends and the sinking stops at 9”

Genius build name :laughing: :ok_hand:

This winter I’m also working on a light weight Trampa build for jumping… My goal is about 12kg.

2 Likes

12kg is a good goal image

I can change the 6384 to 6374 and at the moment I have a fucking heavy steel crossbar mounted, but all in all I think I can’t get less than one more kilo of that. Ok, maybe if to reduce the lipo pack to 10s :thinking: mount the lipos without cover and take off the extra heatsink from the focbox than maybe I could get it down to 12kg.

How is your master plan to get it that low in weight?

1 Like

Dual 6355, Fsescs 4.12, 12s 5Ah Lipo, cracked 14ply carver deck :joy: Not much power but light and cheap. I’m not sure yet if I should go with diagonal drive for best possible balance. Problem is that the mounts will bend without crossbar. Anyway, I’ll start a thread soon.

13.6kg is also very light for your setup with 6384, nice!

2 Likes

You not afraid to jump with the cracked one?

Looks realistic with your planed set up. Now i‘m Interested if I could get mine down to 12kg too :sweat_smile: I already feel very good with the 13.6kg (especially if you drive the quad the same day as the light one😂) I only have the 15ply deck, maybe I could drill some holes extra :thinking: Not sure if I would mount the motors diagonal. How much is the motor plus mount? Maybe 800g? :thinking: I think if you place the battery and vescs more close to the front bindings than it could already take a part of the balancing without the need of mounting diagonal. I had my motor mounts on without crossbar for one ride and they became lose with all the jumps I made.

Looking forward to your build thread :ok_hand: I‘m sure I can take some inspiration from it to make mine better and lighter for the summer.

2 Likes

I’m afraid for sure but gonna try to break it :laughing:. And i have the crack at the rear now, that’s safer.

13-14kg is light enough for jumping, even my 16kg board is nice for jumping. The only disadvantage is the heavy rear truck with about 3.5kg extra weight. For straight jumping it’s no problem but I would like to do (or at least try) 360’s and other stupid stuff :grin: That’s why I thought about diagonal drive, a motor plus mount and pulley is about 1kg.

2 Likes

Ääähm ja :sweat_smile: i‘m in process of getting good 180s done… looks like i have a lot to train next summer :joy:

Maybe time for a new round of S.K.A.T.E in 2019?

3 Likes