I really need a kicktail!

I’m a no kicktail guy but digging this thread! How fast do you short wheelbase guys go?

2 Likes

To reply to (@egzplicit), the deck is an old Lush deck. I cant remember the name. It was 42 inches and I cut it to 30 while trying to give it some kinda nose. It was really flexible at 42 but at 30 is has a rigid DIY 18650 battery 10s2p 25Rs and almost no flex.

The enclosures are @bigben 's work. I’ll have to measure the wheelbase and measure the enclosure tomorrow but I know I ordered it slightly too big. Thats kinda irrelevent because its a DIY length deck anyway.

My other deck is a cheap Osprey (Blue) thats rigid and has no tail. Its 10s4p 30Qs. Both have 6473 single drive motors. The bigger deck has 15T 42T for torque and 90mm wheels

The smaller has 15T 36T with 83mm wheels.

4 Likes

I can max out around 25 mph (40 kph) on 14.5" - 15.5" wheelbase with TKP

4 Likes

I hope to achieve similar results. I’ll be gearing with 32/11 on 76 mm flywheels. Maybe a bit slower like 35km/hr? Too lazy to check the math right now.

After looking at this amazing picture on reddit, I think I’m going with a Rayne Darkside 34" as my light commute board, it looks amazing with trucks and wheels mounted.

10 Likes

Not the lightest board to be sure, but still a beauty. I have an otherside which is 2" longer.

2 Likes

I max at about 22mph on my 80’s Bones Steve Cab. @ 15.125" wheelbase

https://powell-peralta.com/powell-peralta-steve-caballero-street-reissue-skateboard-deck-9-625-x-29-75

3 Likes

20mph (32kph) to 22mph (35kph) is a better top speed. I can go a tad higher but I prefer 20-22. Over 25 or so (40kph) is too much and I need a longboard. If I even want to go that fast.

Daisy Downhill Division and the Daisy Mini are good ones… I feel like everyone overlooks Sector 9.

1 Like

Mine has a small kick in the front and back, it’s a 48" deck also with 218mm TB trucks and 100mm mbs wheels, no bite

1 Like

Nice deck! I’m using this one:

Only in clear coat not red. Do you have a build thread for yours?

4 Likes

But as far as the whole turning thing goes I have handles so I can really get into it the pic with the light was from when I first got my head light

3 Likes

mine started life as a meepo board, didn’t think a meepo deck swap deserved a thread :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just a heads up that Im selling this gorgeous Lush 3D Machine X-Tuff deck with kicktail. I can’t make it work with my current enclosure and 10s4P laid out flat. Its just not worth me redoing the entire battery and sourcing a new enclosure. Shame! This would make an excellent Meepo upgrade:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lush-Longboards-Machine-3D-X-Tuff-Longboard-Skateboard-Deck/192527679764?hash=item2cd38b4114:g:qBgAAOSwszZa6LL-

I have a very difficult time riding a deck without a kicktail. The one exception is my jet spud and that has freeboard bindings. As much as I love my longer kicktail boards, I find myself riding the short jet spud most often…just love carving on that short wheelbase.

Building a board for my buddy using the Jet Vulcan 37 kicktail.

3 Likes

where are you located? I was always planning buying a second :slight_smile:

I’m in Derry, N.I. but I can post.

1 Like

my meepo lasted < 24 hours before I swapped it :slight_smile: really usable with 90mms

ended up like this: 10s2p and v1 china esc. and unsensored 70mm hubs

terrible as a eSk8 it can’t even handle the surface in the pics (lack of thane), but on smooth surfaces it feels just like a real board. Powered ollies are much more enjoyable than on 90mm :smile:

3 Likes

That looks super rad. Like the meepo enclosures belong on the deck.

LetGo find of the year so far

3 Likes