I made a mistake on my first post here, and i'm trying to correct it, thank you for all your guys

Onewheel…

2 Likes

Wow you’re a pro. What “pro” e-sk8 competitions do you participate in? There aren’t any as far as I know, but if someone knows of any please correct me. The closest thing to pro e-sk8 events is probably the Performance Days organized on this forum, and I don’t recall seeing you at those.

And now instead of replying to people you’re just reposting the same picture. This reminds me of the skateboard stabilizer guy…

1 Like

I think that’s his point. Onewheel is the only board to do it well so far. In a sense, the entire deck is weight sensitive, as no matter where you have your feet or where you move them, the board can still respond to your movements and go forward or backward.

2 Likes

Yeah like @GrecoMan said, this was already done by z-board, and didn’t really catch on. I would never want to ride without a remote, I can’t imagine the control system of feet being reliable enough

1 Like

Yep that’s unfortunate. Kinda killed my interest :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I wonder how many “bright” ideas have been toppled by this forum… People here are the jurors of sensibility, that’s for certain.

3 Likes

People have done it with sensors in the trucks to measure weight distribution and translating it to throttle input. The more you lean forward the more you accelerate.

There was a thread here not too long ago where university(?) students demonstrated their prototype. I’m personally not a fan(yet). Seems too dangerous to me…

1 Like

I just don’t see the reason for something like this. It isn’t a big deal to hold a remote in my hand and it gives me much greater control over the board. That way if I ride sitting down, with 2 people on my board, etc. it doesn’t matter, I still control it the same way. It’s not like I need my hands free when riding either, I’m not about to pull out my phone and start texting while I ride.

2 Likes

Funny you post here, I was wondering how such a system would perform on your nkp boards. Cause you reach scary speeds, hold my beer I hope to catch up one day :beer:

I kinda feel like there’s a way to get this sorted out but not like done here. Sensors in the deck / trucks should not be used for throttle and braking, only for measuring applied forces.

But hey the dud preferred posting a boastful picture instead of answering relevant questions like : can it be push kick, what happen if we lift a foot while rolling. Well it’s doesn’t matter anymore to me.

2 Likes

I enjoy any functional piece. When a person takes and builds a functional piece to me it’s like mechanical art… Though It may in my eyes in every way be impractical or even a dangerous idea, there is something from that function that has a place or purpose that can be used elsewhere… @Just-Goo people will buy it. In my eyes your idea is like taking gas and brake from a car and adapting them to your steering wheel… will work ok when cruising slow and negotiating slight turns but when the real work needs done your not optimising your control functions.

4 Likes

I’m not really into that control design but i have’nt tried it yet so who knows. Anyway just wanted to say that like the way you take the critic and wish you the best luck for your company.

1 Like

What was the mistake ? Why change topic name ?

some guys though my post was a advertising and voted me, so i rethink my post and try to understand the right way. I think i will do it better on my next post to talk about the electric skateboard, with more practical specification and data, not the way to make others feel it’s a promotion.

Meanwhile it’s just a little difficult to make anyone to understand and accept this kind of new e board controlling, but i won’t give it up, because i do love it, and i also got a new idea, i can make a new design for the controlling system which can offer the riders control it by Remote and also without remote. because i understand now(from those replies of my post) many riders do love remote at this moment. but i always hope there is something more than a remote control, and there are more people getting love electric skateboard.

3 Likes

It´s always good that we´re innovating and trying things a new way, so why not keep it up? It might be a niche product - but why not :slight_smile:

And wear a helmet - especially in traffic!

1 Like

Million dollar plan right there!!

Able to make it to school or work on time, or the liquor store before they close using the tried and true remote controller.

Then hands free mode so you can carry a case of beer with each hand, or two slurpees. Or juggle, or just pat your head and rub your belly.

With all your riches, you can develop an electric skateboard controller system using facial muscles and rule the esk8 world.

The bigger the smile the faster it goes.

When shit gets real, you know like when stuff in the danger manual happens… the eyelid and eyebrow sensors would know it, and apply a soft throttle back off, and progressive braking.

3 Likes

Don’t forget pedals. One for gas. One for brake. Maybe add a clutch?

2 Likes