Am I the only one getting f@ked when buying used stuff in the forum!?

I usually make a video in good lighting showing every angle so they can judge for themselves. If there are motors and esc involved, one should show them working in the video. They can hear the sound and see it working and be a better judge themselves.

2 Likes

I kept lowering the price on my used hubs because i didnt want to feel like I was ripping off a member of the site that I actually like lol.

4 Likes

That’s how it should be over here…we here to help each other and grow together…not to get our out sourced stuff sold over value. Idk but I‘m here too much time and i wouldn’t want that people think i want to rip them off…but seems like not everybody has this kind of thinking.

5 Likes

Many of us do use common sense and understanding the concept of “good working condition” and try our best to describe the items being sold as best as we can!

Thank you all for doing that.

As I’ve stated earlier. Not every purchase that I have made here has been a bad experience. Most of them have been positive and I’ve been able to score many great deals.

I guess we just need to move on and let what bother us behind in the past.
Keep on riding my brothers :ok_hand:t3:

5 Likes

Funny, for the most part I’ve had only good things to say about the used items I’ve bought off this forum. But I do always ask tons of questions and always try not to use f and f. I even had a package come opened in the mail with the mount completely missing once. The packaging wasn’t great, but the seller didn’t have to do anything about it. The gent shot me a full refund. Good people on this forum for the most part.

3 Likes

It’s worth checking people’s history on the forum before buying from them. I have never met any forum members in person, but there’s still a bunch of people who I wouldn’t hesitate to purchase anything from.

Also, it’s good to have realistic expectations when buying used stuff. It’s just more likely something will break than if you buy new. That may not necessarily be seller’s fault or bad intention.

The falcon I bought from @brenternet, as he mentioned, had a few glitches. For example, the BMS died after the first charge. He also forgot to include the remote. :slight_smile: But hey, these are minor things. Most things were as described and it’s not feasible to mention every single potential problem. It was still a great deal. Very happy with the purchase.

6 Likes

I only had 1 problem with selling. But me & buyer agreed on a solution and I think everything went ok

2 Likes

Think ive spent around 1500 euro on new/second hand sales, solely from this forum. None have dissapointed so far

5 Likes

Sold a quite a few ££ worth of boards and parts and spent a fair bit too. Not had any problems apart from one, some enertion clone mounts that never arrived. I always check profile to see what users have sold and also if they have been active. Goods and services payments too, although I think you only really learn that one after been stung once.

4 Likes

Ive bought a handful of parts from the site so far so good with my purchases.

2 Likes

Lucky you! Knock on wood brother haha

1 Like

We can all agree with that!! It’s just a matter of luck I guess. Hey. For now all we can do is keep buying stuff. new or used We need it to survive :joy::rofl:

1 Like

You’re not the only one! I got ripped off buying used VESC - was told it was never used. It arrived clearly heavily used and with the wrong capacitors (unattached).

Maybe we should stickie a buyer’s guide? We try to monitor group buys but it harder to manage 1:1 sales because the transaction happens outside of the Forum.

7 Likes

me and about 7 other dutch guys too, but i guess most ppl on this forum know about this case already :crazy_face:

it has been resolved though

5 Likes

Ahahahahhaha :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Here’s an ageist reply

Kids, I find out I bought something from a kid after the fact and almost instantly know it’s not going to arrive or the condition will be ‘not as described’. Loose ‘baller’ replies a few days late followed by the eerie echo of your own PM

fuck you kids… Grandad

3 Likes

It all depends on the type of human you are dealing with. Sad to say there are a bunch of not so transparent sellers lurking here.

People gauge “like new” very differently. If I sell something like new, it’s practically new. But I’ve been burned many times because sellers thinks that he/she just bought it two days ago and dropped it from three floors up and it’s all dented but two DAYS old is pretty new right?

I’ve met a few guys in person like @longhairedboy and @mmaner and a few others they are all stand up guys.

3 Likes

Same here! Have yet to meet an asshole( I did know an ahole on this site but i originally met him trhru Craigslist).
Accrobrandon, Redbaron, mikenopolis, karamq and my man Patrocks are all legit guys!!

5 Likes

Good to know I’m legit!

2 Likes