HYPER BEAST - 36" inch Deck With Integrated Enclosure! UPDATE!

Ok …give me a sec. …ok sent.

you are a level 2 member bro.

Surely he will be fine. He’s been on the forum for nearly two years and has a read time of 13d. If the mods won’t let him do the group buy that is utterly ridiculous

5 Likes

Yeah @NAF has nothing to prove IMO his in the forum and active for way too long to doubt about his truthfulness. I think at some point level 3 member should be permanent sometimes you just can’t be online often and you loose trust because of that… fairly stupid for over 2 years + members

1 Like

really trying not to draw too much attension to this till NAF get’s it sorted.

would like to see this project make it over the line.

This is exactly the case. I had my regular member status I think about two or three weeks ago, until I went all in with setting up everything for production, I really had no time for forum. It happens.

1 Like

HOLES FOR MOTOR WIRES:

Guys one more thing, we won’t be drilling any holes for your motor wires inside the enclosure. This is the only thing you will have to do yourself. Everyone of us has different needs and drilling universal holes for everyone won’t make any sense…I just assume that we all know how to use a drill :slight_smile:

2 Likes

UPDATE - We now have:

@scepterr @deucesdown @Seikeau @mmaner @esk8jpn @willpark16 ( reserved) @linsus @Latemate @Winfly
1 more to go.

3 Likes

OK I’m in…

I’ll DM you in a minute !

who is the lucky number 10

1 Like

Guys quick update:

@scepterr @deucesdown @Seikeau @mmaner @esk8jpn @willpark16 ( reserved) @linsus @Latemate @Winfly @stormboard1 ( reserved )

Guys I want to thank everyone of you who helped out with Paypal payments, it was crucial to keep this project on schedule. Today we are ordering all vacuum materials. Everything is supposed to be shipped on Monday and we should get our hands on all the fabrics on Tuesday - vacuum process should start on Wednesday next week. The awesome thing is we’ve managed to get really “ok” quotes on carbon fabrics. The most interesting thing is that my manufacturing partner has chosen really interesting materials, like Multiaxial CF as well as pieces of Kevlar to reinforce some parts on the bottom of the deck. This is different to what we did in the final prototype where we’ve used Regular Twill Cf but we want to use premium materials to make those decks really robust.

Next update will be next week with more info on how the process is going.

ONE MORE THING: The only part where we will “CUT CORNERS” is the top aluminum lid. The lid itself is super sturdy and can take a lot of abuse, but we had to cut corners a little bit when it comes to painting it. Normally to have the aluminum properly painted black it should be powder coated which is just too expensive. We will sand it instead and use special aluminum base coat that we will cover with black paint. The thing is that the lid on the top is all covered with grip tape anyway but we need to get that nice black look underneath the Hyper Beast letter cut outs. The lid on the bottom side after you open the deck could be left with original aluminum colour but I think it will just look better to have it all painted black. So in real life we actually don’t see the lid colour except for the cutouts, therefore there was no need to have it powder coated.

13 Likes

I have no idea about prices but have you considerred getting the lid hard anodized? Paint is not very tough compared to powder coat and HA, and I expect it to show wear pretty quickly.

I’m okay with paint!

Thanks …I’ll try to figure it out…I’ve only checked powder coating prices. We want to start playing with the lids in about 2.5 weeks…so there is still some time. Will let you know. Anyway that base coat we want to use is special base coat made for painting aluminum it’s suppose to keep the paint. I

I honestly think raw aluminum cutouts would look AWESOME. but i guess some people don’t.

1 Like

it would be too raw …too much contrast between cut outs and the black grip tape. Look at my images in the first post. The black beneath the grip is so good :smiley: The key to the beauty is having it ALL BLACK …black matte paint on the finish, black griptape that gives nice texture when put next to the matte paint, and at the end black aluminum shinning within the cut outs :slight_smile: That’s how I see it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@NAF Is the first batch all subscribed? I saw that you are moving to CA and was wondering if you plan on bringing some boards with you? I’d love to buy a Hyperbeast (currently in SF).

Beautiful work BTW, How functional is the Kicktail? I am still slightly worried about water leakage from rain on top of the deck.

Excited to see how this progresses

@ohhnnoo

Joel, Yes I am moving to California this year, in June-July, I’ll be there for at least next 2-3 years. however all decks will be still made in Poland. The good thing is that, being in Cali, I can arrange shipping several decks at one address and later hand deliver them to people who live nearby.

Kicktail is awesome, one of my favs decks is Jet Spud / Potato which Hyperbeast shape was inspired by, but I never liked kicktail on these models, so I wanted to have it fully functional on Hyperbeast, and it’s really great.

Second batch will start at the end of April, and should be ready by the end of May.

1 Like

Put me down for one of the 2nd batch please.

Looking forward to seeing these builds, I think the bar will be set quite high!

1 Like

@NAF pm’d you