HW6.4 based ESC - ESCape

Would it be possible to make it watertight? It would be awesome if there was no need for an enclosure.

Similar to VESC6.

I use thermal tape on the FETs which does that job and stop them with shorting with anything else.
I donā€™t see any problem with cap and diode being there, parts donā€™t move and there is thermal tape in between.

FETs and solder - 0.7mm Thermal tape on top 0.3mm

2 Likes

Can I already order PCBs from you? :slight_smile:

@stewii you have a link for the thermal tape?

very good thanks!

Not sure why you want this but https://multimedia.3m.com/mws/media/122119O/3m-thermally-conductive-adhesive-transfer-tapes-8800-series.pdf

The new cover PCB arrived today, it might need some changes depending on the housingā€¦

8 Likes

Hereā€™s a pic of the case prototype I milled for science.

I would need to change the clamping in the machine to fit the corners of the cover. For the prototype I just rounded them to fit my system and moved the holes in 5mm.

1 Like

4 Likes

Please @stewii make a video of your board running your VESC.

I know this is too much but if you could make a video of the VESC running on inclines and surpassing the 60k limit without frying the DRV, I and everyone i here would be pretty excited

6 Likes

Iā€™ve got PCBs on the way, will try it on my 6374s but ultimately going to my carvon v4xl build in JanuaryšŸ˜‹

3 Likes

Canā€™t wait for it @scepterr. Those will go on my Trampa 12s 6384s

1 Like

Whatā€™s awesome is I only need a handful of new components on top of 4.12 bom, and I have all the upgraded caps already too :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi stewii, please may I buy a PCB off you and the stencil files? Iā€™d like to reflow up your board and have most of the components already from VESC4. Iā€™m UK based. How can I PM you?

to PM, click on his username and then click ā€˜Messageā€™.

I dont think he will be able as he is new user lvl

1 Like

You got PM

Canā€™t wait to see some reviews / videos!

Whatā€™s the benefits of an enclosure vs an actual heat sink?

easier to machine, cheaper in small volumes. Donā€™t need a big finned heatsink unless youā€™re running high continuous loads. For Esk8 applications, itā€™s just not needed.

1 Like

Goodies came :grin:

9 Likes