HW6.4 based ESC - ESCape

this doesn´t result in cut outs?

It does but that cut off doesn’t feel on these motors like literally just today I felt that it was cuting out :smiley:

1 Like

I’m not pushing my motors at all when the fault is triggered. It often happen when only going around 10km/h, without much loade. Thats why i think it’s maybe my caps.

Check also ur leads… and solder stuff :slight_smile:

Do you know if “abs-over-current” could be triggered from a defective receiver , or loose connection between receiver and vesc, or maybe conflicting RF signals. ? The funny thing is, that im only getting abs-over-current, when riding with other. Never when i’m just riding alone ? The motors brake , not very funny :frowning:

abs_over_current means esc saw current reading higher than absolute max current limit :wink:

Yes i know that. But when the fault is triggered, and the motor brakes down, i’m not pulling anything near that.

Going Up a steep hill, no problem at all. But going 10km/h, while riding with others, sometimes give me abs-over-current, and the motors brakes, almost sending me flying.

That is weird. Which remote you have?

Yes it is :frowning: i’m using Gt2b, the same does those I’m driving with.

Maybe u remote send impulses or etc…

Now you are talking. Like conflicting impulses , could be a theory, or “out of the range” impulses. I have tried with a new Gt2b remote and receiver. But still same problem… :frowning:

Have u tried not Gt2b?

In that case it can’t be the gt2b. It’s the most reliable remote you can have for esk8. The mystery deepens!

Nope, not yet. Because first i wanted to know, if it’s even possible that at receiver/remote could give that sort of fault.

@lrdesigns yes exactly, thats why i use it :grinning:

Well VESC code is not perfect so everything is possible :slight_smile: But first I would try different remote :slight_smile: It can be that sometimes it sends short impulse of full throttle and then it overshoots limits.

Do you have fault report text with variables?

1 Like

@Kug3lis yes… They look like this. And both the Escapes get this faults (they run can bus )

Screenshot_20181012-175415

Screenshot_20181012-175308

What is you are minimum current limits? Looks like it brakes and maybe overshoots braking currents

IMG_20181012_202345

Went into source code and ABS_OVER_CURRENT gets only triggered then the current is over abolsute maximum current value and nowhere else:

So it looks like it reads higher current than the limit 150… which is interesting. Try maybe turn off slow abs current limit

3 Likes

Did some more review, I am thinking that then error is record it reads current again and looses the value it read at the fault time…