HW6.4 based ESC - ESCape

comm is often used to plug-in a bluetooth module.

We are all with you ! Courage Stewii :muscle: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

hope itĀ“s not too late, or you already found out by your own. DonĀ“t forget that you need to change the wire order in every plug. They turned around 180* compared with the standard VESC6 plug pins.

whatā€™s the price of a fully assembled ESCape now?

Itā€™s Ā£240 which currently is $308 :slight_smile: Thatā€™s for dual with dual enclosure, so half that for single with enclosure I believe.

2 Likes

Do you mean without R0 or R1? Iā€™m assuming it is R1. Iā€™m finally going to use your ESCape and it still has R1 (000) on it. Do I need to desolder it and nothing else?

@stewii Do you still sell bare PCBs and provide BOM and stencil files?

Is @stewii still alive? Anybody?

I have 2 pcbs that I could sell. The plan was to make my own, but I got scammed by Bimmer :confused: PM me if you are interested.

I just bought 4 from other member. Thanks anyways. Now Iā€™m looking for some answers: My ESCape still has R1 (000) on it. Do I need to desolder it and nothing else? After that can I set it up on the VESC tool just like any other VESC6? Should I expect any surprises?

Yes, desolder it. Yes, program it as a VESC 6 No, no surprises.

Anything else ? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wowowo, just came up to it. What would be the problem if I let the r on the pcb? Gona be a Problem?

Potential issue is that 5V from USB will fight against 5V from VESC.

I thought I read before that stewii didnā€™t have had any issues with it. Or did somebody till now fried one of the escapes?

Well, it may depends on your computer and its USB power. If your computer USB voltage is less than VESC one and have protection on its USB ports, well no problem. In any other case, you may fry the VESC or the laptop (at least a part of it).

Good that I didnā€™t set them up yet :sweat_smile: Will get rid of the r1. Thx!

Iā€™m pretty sure you can also just not power the vesc while programming as it will use the computers 5v

1 Like

I remember I read something about it and that stewii said I use both without issuesā€¦just donā€™t want to risk to fry them.

If I use the 5V from the usb, how to run motor detection without battery connected? 5V is enough for it? :thinking:

1 Like

I removed R1 as well. You need power on the vesc to spin Up the motors in motor detection :wink:

True, forgot about that