HW6.4 based ESC - ESCape

Keep this in the other topic dude, vesc has been a community OS project for years, lots of people have put lots of time and testing in to vedders OS baby, so passion runs deep and to some it is personal. This topic is for @stewii to share his development of his HW 6.4 esc

and the following topic is to discuss such questions as you possed…

I burned my motherboard while applying throttle on my pc Do not do anything than motor detections while your connected IMO

ha shit … :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:with the arrows of the keyboard or with the telco … because for the arrow of the keyboard there is indeed an icon on the right on VESC tools to activate or not the arrows… and what does IMO mean …:relaxed::relaxed:

1 Like

http://www.smart-words.org/abbreviations/text.html

2 Likes

In my oppinion Moving the motor by keys or remote Probably a spike of power comes thru the usb port somehow and can do damage Just plug it out and then do tests

1 Like

Yes thanks @webst

2 Likes

@Acido : the motherboard burned when you had already made your engine detection or after setting through the Input Configuration Wizard …

So remove R1, we must :thinking:

1 Like

It’s like common practice when you work with MCU, and it has separate power supply, so you only use data lines and ground or if it relates high voltage even simple USB isolation chip to complete isolate your computer from device. I have experienced several burnt motherboard because of it even apple ones :wink:

1 Like

Do you advise disconnecting USB power lines when operating from battery?

de für_ usb isolator

Not cheap for such a small piece of china pcb

Yeah, cause those have Power also isolated, as you don’t need power on those devices you just need to isolate signals.

That looks to be a complete BS price yeah, on phone eBay 10seconds beat

Or just cut the 5v wire from your usb wires cost… 0$

1 Like

and then for e.g. 48V comes up you are D+/D- lines because your regulator fucked up :smiley:

That was what I was asking for. Should I leave the ground intact?

Yeah, ground and data pins is enough if device is self powered :wink: and does not have USB detect logic

1 Like

Yes.

That would result in the same as removing r0, cause it‘s 0ohm, its just a bridge, an option

1 Like

I guess it’s easier to batch program it with no motor connected when it’s there. I mean when you have to program 100 vescs with same config.

So much overreacting about this. There isnt overvoltage on the 5V rail.
PC motherboards should handle over current on the USB, just like if you short it. Latest ESCapes come without R0. No way you can get 48V over D+/D- .

Will stop making these myself. So if you want to grab one check out here: http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/escape-group-buy-professional-pcb-assembly/49720

2 Likes