HW6.4 based ESC - ESCape

1. There is no IP BS issue.
  2. Pretty hard and pointless work if you ask me. How frequently do you see it?

1.) the BS is Frank being an ass hat. If Ben actually was the one talking, it would be a different story.

2.) like I said, OCD. I see every annoyance of all things all the time. The following image is an example of something that drives me nuts. Itā€™s a personal problem.

5 Likes

Throw it in an Enclosure and make the wires come out of the center of the enclosure. Problem solved. :wink:

Canā€™t complain about something you only see while assembling.

1 Like

Or reroute this thing any way you want :slight_smile:

1 Like

there is no IP issue

I actually solder on longer wires to one focbox because when I angle the existing ones it ā€œshortensā€ the end when it comes out of the enclosure and the left and right isnā€™t even.

Anyway. I asked if the change was possible just because IF he had to change the design, I thought that was something that could be done.

1 Like

If I was to make that itā€™s would be a vesc the size of a desk!

Sorry getting way off topic

Ok Guys this is very nice looking design but to be so pretty in real life it requires a mold for plastic injection that cost a lot and you would have to lie to the factory about amount of parts because when they would hear even 300pcs it would be nothing for them. Probably you could find a lowest quality maker in China that would do for what? 2-3k$? But for the scale of sales itā€™s not worth those money. Would it boost sales if at the same time have to be more expensive? The cheapest way would be 3D print but in cheap version is going to be terrible and better ones expensive. Even the worst 3D print is more expensive that PCB cover that is now in the use. There could be some savings on heat sink part but mostly on material because main part for milling is still there. Frank achieved here what he wanted. Change the design to produce it more expensive. In the en of the day we will throw it into enclosure and not see so often.

waasss up dude? no enclosure?

stand alone price, i liked your work :money_mouth_face:

Frank didnā€™t achieve that. It was pretty much proven he was lying about everything and you could continue to sell the ESCape with the same enclosure and PCB as before and he canā€™t do shit. Nothing needs to change. Also like I said earlier, you could just see say the HW and then separately we could buy the enclosure and PCB from others and he could hardly try and enforce anything there. As was made clear, he wasnā€™t saying the HW 6 was a problem. And buying a piece of milled aluminum from someone else, well thereā€™s certainly nothing he could do with that in its own, and the same with the PCB. Regardless of what you decide to do. Definitely do what you want to do, not what you are going to do to try and shut that douche upā€¦

1 Like

@Cobber who me? :slight_smile: working on the dual but I have hard time to get my hands on CNC :frowning: Maybe during weekend a prototype will be born :wink:

@uigiroux yes I know that. I can mill the part I want :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Silverline

Look what showed Up today :slightly_smiling_face: image

Very subliminal by the way. (Red X) :sunglasses:

11 Likes

Haha thatā€™s great!

1 Like

Choose your weapon

Bulletā€™s in the chamber, hammer is mounted, and your finger playing with the trigger.

Iā€™m interested, what is the issue with the image you showed us?Is it that the screws donā€™t all ā€˜line upā€™? Thatā€™s what annoys me about that imageā€¦

3 Likes

Lol Iā€™m guessing itā€™s the 1 regular switch followed by the 2 dimmer switches, instead of dimmer, regular, dimmer or all dimmer or all regular :yum:

3 Likes

Is this ā€œESCape from realityā€, forum for drug users that cannot handle daily irregularities and imperfections of real world? Well, then nice too meet you gentlemen! Whatā€™s for dinner? :smiley:

1 Like

It would just call it/rebrand the ESCape to NoBoxā€¦and still make it rectangular in shape/keep the original design.

Posted this in the wrong section.