Hummie's wood carbon decks imported into the UK/EU (Completed) Poll for new batch?

Pictures for you guys @sayekim @amazingdave

image image

Ill just get 10 of these made and hopefully they’ll sell

5 Likes

Most enclosures are cut and trimmed. The ones with just the enclosure and deck I can get out this weekend. Ones that have asked for fitting I’ll have to find time. I’ll PM later to organise. image

6 Likes

I didn’t realize they would replace the current heatsink. Nice.

1 Like

Are they all double stack?

They’re selling well if they are then.

I’d like to think I had something to do with that.

1 Like

Half and half. No dark blue one yet… I’ll ping over a colour later today…

1 Like

Nice work Ben looking forward to the arrival of the deck and enclosure.

1 Like

Got any enclosures left for sale?

I generally make them to order. What do you need?

1 Like

Just completely destroyed the enclosure I got with my hummie deck by drilling phase cables holes which weren’t really needed. It’s a bit of a tight fit currently. What options you got? Also eta?

Send me a pm with a picture of what you mean and I’ll see if I can help. I have a few of the enclosures without wire channels and can make a one of the others. Single stack with wire channels and also a more roomy double stack with wire channels. Single stacks in the foreground and doubles in the back. 13DD4FD1-C2BE-4C9C-802C-D8DF95B9DE54 Here’s a 12s4p that fits in a single stack. IMG_5489

3 Likes

Nice, I just drilled holes in the wrong places.

Anyway to fill them? Or am I best off getting a new enclosure?

Also how deep is the double stack?

Oops. Epoxy putty will work but won’t look pretty. Did you drill the enclosure first then mark the deck or backwards?

Haven’t done anything with the deck yet. Holes were just for phase cables, charger port and on off switch.

Phase cables seem to be the issue as they are sticking straight into the deck as I drilled at the wrong angle. I’ll try and tinker with it tonight and if that fails I’ll have one of bens.:+1:

Or do you think I’m best off just getting a new enclosure from Ben rather than trying to line a new enclosure up to mount holes on the deck later on??

Oh I need a new deck, but my wallet says no…

1 Like

Get one of @bigben ‘s enclosures. You will not be disappointed, they are awesome and with the wire route version there’s no phase wire drilling to go wrong!

1 Like

Finally got the Hummie deck thanks @bigben The finish is Matt but feels more unfinished rather than a good Matt finish some imperfections. Is this how it’s meant to be?

I will be applying some grip tape but not covering the whole lot, but for the areas that are uncovered I would prefer a nice shiny/gloss finish. Any suggestions??

2 Likes

Give it a coat of PU floor varnish.

Abraded with fine wet and dry before applying…

3 Likes

As Dave says, a polyurethane varnish should bring it up lovely. I think the mat finish was a last minute thing. Some love it but I was a fan of the gloss… Any help with it just ask. I know a man…

1 Like

Thanks I have some in me shed will give it a go. By the way very low profile enclosure. Love it.

1 Like

Just lovely work from these gentlemen. Might end up doing something for the matte carbon finish though, up close and personal it’s not as nice as I’d hoped. Can’t wait to electrify this puppy.

2 3

3 Likes