Hummie's wood carbon decks imported into the UK/EU (Completed) Poll for new batch?

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/400x/59688399/its-inevitable.jpg

2 Likes

With regards to fixings.

I’m looking at getting M5 x 10mm below. Any recommendation for bolts and if so what length?

I use 5 x 20 countersunk. And fender washers.

Cheers, you got a link for both?

Will those M5 X 10mm be okay with 5 x 20 and fender washers then?

Something like this. And try a google search for m5x20mm countersunk

Cheers dude

With padding in my enclosure I had to go m5x25mm. Otherwise it was just a bit too short to comfortably screw them in.

1 Like

You might be onto something there. Perhaps the overall length was 25mm and the thread length was 20mm?

Yeah that sounds exactly right actually.

Go m5x25mm. They work perfectly for me.

1 Like

Only thing I’d do differently next time which won’t be too long from now, is to be sure to drill the holes at more of an angle. My washers aren’t completely flush right now but it doesn’t matter for the enclosure is sturdy as fcuk and tightening them down really hard doesn’t break it. You might here it crack a little but that is just the fiber glass or magic spice he’s using that’s giving way a little.

I really love the strength of this enclosure and it doesn’t mind a bit of flex at all.

Well done @bigben

1 Like

Decks arriving to me in the next 24 hours or so far as the tracking states…

4 Likes

Am I right that this batch now is in matt carbon instead of gloss?

I don’t think so, not to my knowledge?

This made me think that.

You may well be right. Curious, I must have missed that.

Even though you replied on the next post.

I don’t mind if they are. It looks good. Don’t know if it looks better bet it might hide imperfections better perhaps.

Even more curious, sometime our main man Hummie has a different way of putting things. I’ll post up a little later when/if they arrive…

1 Like

Hello! Been away for a while. I need to see if I’ll get payed this week or the next. I’ll let you know asap @bigben

No probs. They’re here. I’m flat out at present. Opened one box and finish is fantastic. Matte finish looks excellent @sayekim

5 Likes