Hummie's wood carbon decks imported into the UK/EU (Completed) Poll for new batch?

Ben I doubt theres any need to apologies, we all appreciate the work :grinning:

1 Like

It look amazing… I would rather wait for a good quality then rush it and get something not as good as this… Awesome work!

2 Likes

Nearly all these decks are shipped out including their enclosures. Hoping to see some photos of builds when things get put together. Any help or queries with mounting ask away, any problems give me a shout and I’ll do all I can to get you guys riding. There are still 3 or 4 decks unclaimed so if anyone needs one give me a shout and we can look at enclosure options etc.

2 Likes

Nearly there with my build! Careful battery construction is what’s taking the time… I made a bit of a mess trying to sand off the loose top coat :slightly_frowning_face:. Bit of sharpie colouring :zipper_mouth_face: and 3 coats of PU floor varnish and it’s good to go. Build post coming up next week.

2 Likes

IMG_20181015_202848

Kind of shocked at the contrast. It’s more impressive in person. I feel 5x sexier now. (I still like the tiller one don’t get me wrong)

12 Likes

I’m dying to get mine :scream::scream::scream:

2 Likes

Can’t wait to get my hummies

1 Like

Do they use pollycarbonate? If they do and could make something the size of the enclosure that would be super cool! :sunglasses: :skateboard:

I am reluctant to use a full enclosure because I can’t see if any water got in after a ride. I ride in very heavy rain as I live in a tropical country and commute. Water always gets in eventually. I would have to remove all the screws and check after every wet ride.

I have been considering making my own polycarb enclosure but dont really have the space to build a thermoforming machine that big.

The shape of your hummie deck enclosure is so sexy. I would buy a hummie deck just for the enclosure hahah.

They do and they’ve got a new vac former and looking at getting a bigger one. I’m keen to try a few things.

@bigben what paint do you use on the enclosures?

I think it’s gel coat and not paint

Yep, it’s gel coat. Can be any colour.

Any colour? Damn I should have ordered pink to match my underwear.

1 Like

@rojitor UY395 ?

8 Likes

Yes. That one :rofl:

1 Like

He has made a pink enclosure before I think

2 Likes

IMG_20181018_174151

GOTCHA

2 Likes

My hummie is turning into a mess of colour haha. Ordered sr tkps in 6 different colours, got a bunch of different fender washers here too and motors are red.

Can’t buy a commercial board that attacks your senses, so why not :joy:

4 Likes

Wait what? How many SR TKP trucks do you have? I need to buy a set at some point, so I can design a gear drive for it

1 Like

That’s just one set haha. You can customise hangar, bushing seat and base. X 2 is 6

I ordered two sets but one is boring black/gold for the falcon

2 Likes