Hummie's wood carbon decks imported into the UK/EU (Completed) Poll for new batch?

I am in the process of making the plug. Ive got something looking not half bad. Still a lot of sanding, filling and priming and repeat. One deck has made it out to Finland and I’m dropping a few off in London town tomorrow. Those guys can then look at layout while I can polish up the enclosure plug…

With a well made battery and discharge only bms 10s5p should be ok, or obviously a 12s4p.

1 Like

Not sure of the room in the routed out part, how much width is left for the enclosure flange? More than enough?

If so I’d like to tickle a little bit and fit 13s4p, so ideally the enclosure would be a bit wider than the actual board cutout in order to enlarge it…posdible or asking for trouble?

There is a fair bit of mounting space widthways for the enclosure. How many mm extra do you think you’d need? Are you thinking of running the cells lengthways?

Hard to visualise, afaik it’s 590 x 140 so stock you could not run 13s lengthways with a serious change and associated weakening.

I think the layout per your pic with 50 cells is the way to go

http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/hummies-wood-and-carbon-decks-imported-into-the-uk-eu/48322/90?u=banjaxxed

For 13s4p only 2 more cells needed in total. Trying to image how they would go together. There is some extra space beside the 10s bms you have but the 13s bms I have is about twice as long

A slight ~2mm bump at the motor end would maybe allow for the bms to sit on the cells and allow pretty much all the regular cell configs?

I guess you used the wires for the board flex. I ended up using lipo hardpacks but was going to do 18650 and found it fit with just strip of nickel or copper and with the 4p group all solidly connected and then between the groups of 4 having the strip bend around backwards and then out again to allow a bend point there. I think its common isn’t it to bend the strip 90 degrees and down the side of the can and back up again to the next p group?

Sorry for being slow but getting there slowly with the plug for the mould.

16 Likes

Looks great really discrete

1 Like

After some consideration, I believe the thing in the photos is used to mold the enclosure, and not the enclosure itself. Still hawt.

No, that is the enclosure itself. With big flanges that will be cut off once it’s taken down.

As @deucesdown says. This is the plug which I will make the mould from. Under this is the deck, some foam, sticky tape, chewing gum and bits of string. Not batteries…

3 Likes

Ok ok, I made the bit up about chewing gum and string.

6 Likes

Ah so wait the plug is used to make the mold, a\d the moldsis used to make the enclosure. So the photos show the shape of the enclosure?

1 Like

Eta before the enclosure[s] are ready for purchase?

Yep the plug is like the male buck and the mould is the female which the abs goes between I believe

Oh, I see. Can’t wait to… see more :slight_smile:

I’ve just laid the first coat of gel into the mould so by tomorrow morning I will have a mould. Bad news is that I’m away from tomorrow until the end of the week… @L3chef did you want an enclosure?

1 Like

Basically it depends on the timeline. I’ve bought an psychotillers arc v2 that I recieved a while back. But change my mind with the setup I planed, and now the enclosure is ~2cm to small for my build. So either I modify the arc enclosure or buy yours… Honestly I would prefer a glassfiber enclosure…

imageimageimageimageI Made a few enclosures now and will try and get some sent out. I will also be getting a few more of these boards in the next batch if anyone is interested in picking one up later in down the line.

16 Likes

I may also be making a matte/satin version when I get the chance.

3 Likes