Hummie's wood carbon decks imported into the UK/EU (Completed) Poll for new batch?

The enclosure will have more space than the cutout. So if the wires positioned higher up the pack we should we fine?

I think it would work with a D150 bms bypassed for discharge. It’s only 70x50mm and I think there are 50mm available in between the focboxes and the cells of a 10s5p based on @bigben picture. A 10s5p is 450mm long a 12s4p is 432mm long so even more space between the focboxes and the pack.

@L3chef my 12s3p pack is not flexible

Here are some pictures of the mess of wires in the space that could potentially hold more cells.

2 Likes

Are you planing to place the battery touching the board, like maybe using velcro? What about letting it sit on the enclosure, that way there would be no need for flex right?

1 Like

If the enclosure is flat then that’s no problem but it’ll look a bit odd so I think the enclosures will follow the line of the deck. (A little curved) So whether you opt to stick it to the deck or rest it in the enclosure it’ll still have a bit of curve.

2 Likes

I guess you are right! What would you recommend? Sticking it to the board or rest in enclosure? I ordered this deck also for my first build, so I am kind of a noob :grin:

I’ve always stuck everything in a strong enclosure. This is a little different to a “normal” build though. I think I might base everything in the deck on this one.

3 Likes

If the enclosure is made from glass fiber I don’t see a problem with securing everything to the enclosure. But with abs it’s better to mount the hardware to the deck due to abs being somewhat fragile. Thats just my oppinion anyway…

The slim enclosure I have is kydex…I think? I velcro-ed everything to the deck and the enclosure is just a cover.

I’ve used ABS before with everything attached to the enclosure and after a while the areas around the holes start developing cracks, never doing that again. I can’t wait to see the @bigben enclosures since those are so much more durable.

3 Likes

Velcro the pack to the deck, will it not have a little wiggle room to reduce pack flex?

I use double sided foam tape for mirrors from Tesa. Sticks like kid to an ipad an has some cushion. Though you have to cut it off with the knife later.

1 Like

I only velcro front half of the pack, so if/when the deck flex, the pack is loose enough to move a little instead of flex with the wood.

5 Likes

Nice idea 10

Weird question, you stick velcro to board and pack or to board and wrap pack?

Yes I’m using 3m “extreme fasteners” one on wood, other on the heat shrink if the pack. Then I added thin layer of foam pad on the enclosure side. Therefore the battery can’t “fall” off the Velcro

1 Like

Mike, with the recessed cavity, are you able to pry the pack off without damaging anything? I’m thinking 3M dual lock but wondering how much is enough but not too muck.

It pryed out pretty easily since I can get my hand to grip to the other half of the pack and I don’t seem to flex the pack while doing so.

You don’t have to use too much, just enough to take weight off the enclosure if that’s why you are doing it.

1 Like

So, I’ve started making the plug for the enclosure. It will have 25mm of internal depth and follow the slight curve of the deck. I’ve sent out 1 deck but am I right in thinking all the others want a single stack enclosure? I’ll pop a picture or two up when i get something half respectable. I’m going sleek with no lumps or bumps for specific buttons, ports or gauges. I prefer all that topside. It’s been a little slow this week as I’m still in the process of moving house and setting up the new workshop and have a few other enclosures to make. I’m pushing the good nature of the boss to use the facilities at work so I’m hoping to be able to get a bit done over the long weekend… The import duties came to a very bearable £6 a deck.

7 Likes

Cool sounds like your gonna be pretty busy then, yeah i wanted an enclosure with mine please.

2 Likes

Single stack stealth yes please

1 Like