Hummie's wood carbon decks imported into the UK/EU (Completed) Poll for new batch?

not the best pic! du. she sends me nice pics for you guys and I kept them for myself.

so got trackings. one of the many forms of ups shipping and not as fast at 5 days to uk and she says a week to usa. whatever not really summer yet officially

5 Likes

Free life size terracotta warrior in skate stance with every deck!

1 Like

I too would like a warrior on the back of the board.
funny my board is on a movie set now (last black man in san Francisco) doing a scene supposed to be two people who’ve never ridden riding on the same deck. ive done it. https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=last+black+man+in+san+francisco+trailer&ru=%2Fsearch%3Fq%3Dlast%20black%20man%20in%20san%20francisco%20trailer%26qs%3Dn%26form%3DQBRE%26sp%3D-1%26pq%3Dlast%20black%20man%20in%20san%20francisco%20trailer%26sc%3D1-39%26sk%3D%26cvid%3D39350B486C7F4C99B369EA8CA1FE7866&view=detail&mid=641D5E2E13B54346F341641D5E2E13B54346F341&&mmscn=vwrc&FORM=VDRVRV

3 Likes

Looks like they’ve touched down in the UK!!

7 Likes

Getting close now… If you all can send me a pm and let me know where you want yours sending and the PayPal you payed Hummie with so he can check. Then if you want an enclosure made or hang on and see what i make for them? There’s definitely import charges but fingers crossed it won’t work out too badly. I’ll know more on Monday. Then I can work out shipping and duties and they can go on their way!

1 Like

Great! Much to do today so I pm you this evening or tomorrow.

1 Like

I’m in the US but I want to see the double stack enclosure you come up with!

2 Likes

Got the decks!!!

6 Likes

Here’s a 10s5p and a couple of focboxes. My battery does not fit in width wise because of the extra wires soldered on the ends. Either a little re build or some nifty router work…

5 Likes

And those pesky Escapes @stewii … about 1mm too big… Just a tickle with a router and they’re in!

5 Likes

As the decks have a slight curve and the cut out follows this, do prospective enclosure buyers think they have the ability to make packs with enough flex to take this up? I can make the enclosure have a flat base rather than follow the deck but wouldn’t look so slick.

Should be easy, packs should have some 10/12AWG wire connecting each parallel module to the next. That gives you loads of flex on the pack and keeps it safe in case pressure is applied.

I agree that following the deck shape would look way better and even give you a few more mm in the middle for more clearance. The deck plus a bespoke enclosure will make for a slim, production looking product. Looks are important:slight_smile:

3 Likes

@Mikenopolis did you make your batterypack flexible with this deck?

I´ll do mine flexible like @egzplicit wrote. If someone needs help with a pack message me :sunglasses:

2 Likes

looks like i´m getting trouble fitting a 12s4p single stacked with a bestech bms in there…

That would be too tight I think. Charge only?

Might be worth trying to extend the width of the cut out by about 3mm on each side? I’m still thinking of the best way to do it, as I don’t have a router.

Yup that’s how much I think I need to remove from.both sides.

I could probably make some without flange with this dimension.

3 Likes

Yah i’m thinking about that or just go 10s4p. But i think i also route 3mm away from each side to run wires. Pls consider this with the enclosure.