Hummie's wood carbon decks imported into the UK/EU (Completed) Poll for new batch?

M4 or m5. About 10 mm long will do. Rather go stainless steel then brass

1 Like

timehascome

Guess I’ll be waiting at the door for the day.

4 Likes

less than 2 minutes after saying that…

DPDwatchingme

Like I was being watched.

13 Likes

Lol great timing :laughing:

1 Like

@bigben is it possible to make transparent enclosure?

Translucent more than transparent. I made a blue translucent one so lights would show through. There are some very clear resins but it’s the cloth or mat which spoil the optics. It would be possible to make a clear acrylic one though.

Polycarbonate is translucent n super strong but harder to thermoform. I’ve seen it cold bent.

The guys in the place next to where I work make motorbike screens. They could probably knock one up if anyone was desperate?

1 Like

Clear acrylic scratches so easily and is very prone to stress cracks… I didn’t know you could thermoform polycarbonate.

I just did a quick test with 12s7p, diebieMs, and dual flipsky 6.6 ESC, those are just boxes made to see the footprint of the elements…

I guess it’s gonna be a tight fit with all the cables, remote receiver…

I don’t know how deep the double stack enclosure is going to be, but maybe it is possible to stack bms on top of ESC, that way even an 12s8p could be theoretically possible…

Layout1

1 Like

The plug is made but there’s a little blemish on it so I want to re do the last coat. Beginning of next week should give me the chance to get the first one made. Then I can asses the exact space. Aiming for just under 40mm.

I have 12s7p vt6 and vesc 6 on this deck the only thing is my bms is the 150A from battery support was to big and I decided to make it on the top to the cell but with the bms you are going to use it should be ok I make my enclosure and is around 1,7 inch I think bc of the bms on the top to my cell

1 Like

Due to a change of plans I will be getting rid of my Hummie deck and satin enclosure. If anybody from this thread would like it for what it cost me then I’m happy for somebody to have it. Otherwise I will list in on New Items for sale. THx

1 Like

free posting included! :grinning:

Selling the enclosure on its own or is this a package deal?

Package deal. If u wanted to purchse the enclosure for £150, i would throw in the deck for free though. :wink:

2 Likes

Lol! That’s a pretty good deal… Sorry I already have 3 of those decks, but no enclosure.

2 Likes

How much is the enclosure worth?

From memory single stack was 45£ and custom colour was another 5 or 10£

2 Likes

image image image First double stack out of the mould. It’s about as slim as feasible. Still needs a little trimming. I’ve tested a triangular stack of 18650s and they fit with a little wiggle room. With a foam seal it should be snug with a well built pack. Sorry to everyone who has been waiting for these. Dayjobs and life has been getting in the way.

13 Likes