Hummie Deck: New Wood & Carbon Decks. GROUP BUY - Round 5 $125 (Shipped US) + Worldwide shipping POST 2268

Wow way to hype it up :smile: so the cutout went through the CF layer this time since its down a level or no?

Will it hurt to read about it in your thread?

1 Like

It will get its own build thread

no it didntā€¦at least not the few ive seen. ill open them tomorrow. i should ask for one without the carbon in there and see if even notice

2 Likes
2 Likes

Id like more CF but could be just me lol. Forgot to ask if this has a single wheel base or maybe I missed it in the thread. Will there be another batch after this? :drooling_face:

The glass frit will look a hundred times better than clear grip tape if youā€™re wanting to see the carbon fiber

1 Like

They shouldnā€™t even be allowed to call clear grip tape clear. Foggy window grip tape is more appropriate

2 Likes

Ok I gotta go through that thread again now and see if Iā€™m capable of doing that lol

Itā€™s basically just painting, waiting for to dry a little bit, adding some frit on and then painting again. You can totally do it

2 Likes

Ok maybe just going to ā€œpaintā€ the whole top and not doing fancy, might just screw it up on this nice deck.

What grip are you going for with your other deck?

Iā€™ll probably go with the glass frit for both of them. will keep the carbon fiber look on one and the other Iā€™m going to do something before putting the frit down. Maybe stickerbomb

1 Like

If @hummie had his own stickers would it be the photo heā€™s got now? I wouldnā€™t mind having that on my board :smile:

1 Like

hope to see your frit job. thats what id maybe try but so far im getting so used to sliding around on the deck moving position is so smooth with no grip.

3 Likes

I might not do the whole board just sections kind of how people do with the hexagon grip. I also want to play with a mixture of black and silver to see how it blends with the carbon fiber colors and textures. Iā€™ll probably practice on my extra board.

3 Likes

They Look nice, canā€™t wait to get mine! :slight_smile:

OMG hummie liked two of my posts :flushed: buthead

9 Likes

That top layer is gorgeous, my plan to put full grip tape has been thrown in the bin

It would be a sin to cover it, hexagons or maybe glass it is

1 Like

@Hummie so you said there are no extras. but plenty of the channeled ones. Shouldnā€™t it be pretty easy to chisel out that center pillar of wood?

1 Like

if the frit glass works thatd be fun to try. was going to get every color and mix them. maybe thatā€™s already available. but from what i read ā€¦the memory leaves meā€¦red ember boardā€™s guy! cant believe cant remember his name but remember that. he said it would wear off eventually and then you could redo it if you wanted. i find the defacto leave it alone until you really need to do something approach has taught me to ride without tape. i turn while hanging far off the edge maybe. i do enjoy pushing this board around a lot with these green wheels and slick top. im not dancing as they say but constantly going back and forth goofy style. or ride around standing facing straight ahead like a hoverboard is comfy. those wheels, and maybe the board helps, will out roll anything. unless theres traffic around i mostly kick the thing forward and jump on instead of hanging on with one foot and kicking. i probably look ridiculous but am always getting in an aero tuck going down hill even slowly into the wind. coming from a cycling background and feeling how the wind is the obstacle over 15mph you can really drop air resistance on a board. i dont know frontal area is for either @professor_shartsis, but im guessing in a good aero truck on a board you could be more efficient on a flat than on an ebike at maybe 30mph. will be testing that! and then in a luge position at 60mph? ok im not chatting with you today and have to find boxes and see what i can do for rest of the day and just stop for cereal and changing the music. but retarded and dont have boxes. they dont fall of the trees in this shape. i will be wrestling with used boxes and some of you might get food boxes! i sent one with just a label, no box, and just as nice. if anyone wants it with no box please tell me. and im off on a box hunt now. but back in a bit to hear if you have any great ideas for me to get boxes.

1 Like