Hummie 12s10p 4wd TB 6380 motors SurfRodz 200mm RKP Trucks Press Fit Marcmounts88 Abec 11 107mm Wheels Focbox escs metrpro bluetooth

im still so confused its not even funny :sweat_smile:

You HAVE to put fish paper between each parallel pack so that doesn’t happen.

what are you talking about there is fishpaper

Not between the cells. Only on the top.

2 Likes

their is fishpaper on top

I know. But there is NO fish paper between the cells like @taz showed in a picture above.

1 Like

Think about it this way. You have nickel connected from positive end on one set of cells to negative on the other. Now if the cells wrap is compromised and that next set of cells negative touches the body of the previous group, thats the same as the first cells positive directly touching it’s own negative.

2 Likes

hmmm never seen anyone do that before anyways i trust the silicon enough to hold it

the silicon prevents the cells from rubbing anyways

It most likely does but better be safe than sorry.

1 Like

im surprised I never seen this before…

1 Like

How you never seen this before if anyone who has a clue in what they are doing build it this way?

1 Like

psychotiller packs dont, Torqueboards packs dont, devins packs, almost all prebuilt packs dont and lots of others dont have fish paper between the cell groups

1 Like

I can confirm torqueboard packs dont have fishpaper

3 Likes

yeah Im running a double stack and 6" pnuemis…but still think I may have to throw a 1/2 riser on my trucks… a single stack would be great but we are where we are… plus i got a 44degree base plate on the rear and that lowers the rear to…like a low rider lol

1 Like

Fair, didn’t know that and it’s a little disconcerting

4 Likes

I’m going to rebuild this pack from scratch one p group at a time thanks for all of your advice.

5 Likes

When you rip off the old nickel strips use a dremel tool and grind down smooth the old weld spots on the cells.

6 Likes

It is suggested to use. It is not necessary but for the price off fishpaper you can better use it.

I use it for more then 6months in my packs. (I post my packs on instagram in a random order) Link

2 Likes

@Gjf1 you’ve taken a fair bit of negativity in regards to this thread and taken it like a champ. I’m sure you will know everything about battery building after this haha. I can’t wait to see your updates and your first ride! :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes