Hub Motors vs Belt Systems - MAIN

Hey Guys, this thread is for my final. There are two articles linked here. The first is a factual article on why Belt Drive Systems are superior to Hub Motor Systems, and the second is an article on why Hub Motors are superior. The second article will be mostly BS with many made up facts. I have omitted direct drive from these articles because their market share is extremely low compared to hubs and belts (Although it’s growing rapidly).

Some background for my professor: Electric-skateboard.builders is an online community filled with enthusiasts that share a love for building and riding electric skateboards. This community is much more educated and organized than your typical online forum, therefore we go into very technical details in most if not all our threads/posts.

I don’t get it. What is this thread for? Are you presenting your findings? Do you want us to help? If it is the last one then maybe you shouldn’t link this forum when at the same time you are talking about making up something for your paper (espacially if you consider that there are in fact advantages that only hub motors can provide).

Edit: Articles were not linked when I wrote this. Still don’t quite get it, why not make one thread?

He’d like you to proofread and correct any grammatical or spelling ehrors.

Jk… I’m looking forward to reading what you’ve put together Michael.

1 Like
  1. You don’t need to get it.
  2. These two articles are meant to emulate non-academic articles, something you might find in a magazine.
  3. Kind of. The voice in these threads are not my own, it is me taking on a persona of a popular magazine author.
  4. I’m not looking for help, but if you see something wrong with my grammar shoot me a pm :slight_smile:

These articles are 2 different authors, although both are written by yours truly. They should stay separate to avoid confusion.

1 Like

@psychotiller

@Michael319 what you smoking?

This thread is not required, already plenty on this topic.

http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/search?q=Hub%20vs%20belt