Considering a DIY dual hub motor build. I’d prefer to purchase something pre-built with a warranty or something made by a more experienced forum member. Fed up with dealing with belts - between the sandy boardwalks of San Diego and the extremely rocky streets of Wyoming (I’m nomadic), I think hubs are a much better fit for me.
What I’m thinking:
- Carbon deck around 28-36". No kicktail. Simple, clean shape. Something more on the flat side.
- Dual hub motors.
- Top speed around 30MPH++. I prefer to cruise at high speeds as opposed to having insane hill climbing ability.
- LONG RANGE. Prob a 10S4P. Maybe Enertion Spacecell 4 or purchasing a 360Wh pre-built battery/BMS off a forum member.
- Wheels on the larger side. 90mm+ or even some AT tires would be dope if there are hubs that are geared for them.
- Under $1,600. Is that even possible?
- All black. I’d consider having a wheel of another color if it were of a much better quality than a black option. A little concerned about hubs being very harsh in addition to a stiff carbon deck and not wanting a lot of riser in order to keep it low…
Any wisdom you guys have is greatly appreciated. If you can link me to some parts, a complete or partial build for sale, or just have some advice that would be dope.