Hub motor adapter to direct drive

Lol, You talk a lot, Luke.

My advice, Try getting your product out, get some Third party reviews and then if all is perfect, then start boasting & talking again.

From experience, I’d say you are at least 6 months (or longer) away from having a reliable commercially available product in stock.

Also, longer stators are much harder to cool at the core and have a mechanical disadvantage (torque disadvantage) when compared to larger diameter, but shorter stators.

Anyone who develops hub motors should post hill climbing videos as proof of concept. Rolling on flats is easy.

Why Aren’t there any carvon hill climbing video’s?

3 Likes

I’ve never seen your motors, can you post some pics of link a build thread please?

I just figured out the best way to convert any hub to an out of wheel hub!

Before I was talking about securing the wheel by screwing each piece that goes through the slots, but if I just had a center mounted piece to go where the axle would normally go through, I could just screw it onto that, as if the axle actually did go through the motor, and that would make it so one wouldn’t have to secure each part that goes through the slots.

So do you have any advice on how one would get in touch with a company in China or somewhere like that to get a potential manufacturing process going if I am able to raise the funds?

I learned from the best :wink:

That is the plan. We have some well respected members of this community lined up to review them. I ride these motors every day super hard, I posted hill climbing videos too.

Not the steepest hill, but I have more video coming.

Realistically speaking Jason, you are right. We’re hoping to launch a kickstarter campaign by early February, after getting reviews and further testing. That’ll allows us to bulk order parts like magnets which are very expensive right now in the small orders we do. Taking those profits, we can invest in more parts to get inventory likely by April.

1 Like

This is the latest poll Ive seen.

1 Like

What’s the inner diameter of your hubs?

That’s specifically talking about abec. Most people who like 83mm go to orangatang for some reason, so that makes sense.

Also, what kind of winding scheme do you guys do, CD-ROM, LRK, dLRK, dLRK Evolution, and do you use Delta or Wye (Star) termination? How many teeth and poles?

I would start here if I were you.

We are messing with different winds and terminations still. I am riding the standard dlrk delta termination with a 12 tooth stator. Hummie is trying this super thick dlrk wye termination. Not sure which will win out, but only one way to know :slight_smile:

1 Like

http://www.bavaria-direct.co.za/info/#prettyPhoto

http://www.bavaria-direct.co.za/scheme/common/

I’ll beta test if you need help ;)!!

Is that with 14 poles?

Yes, it is standard in this way.

1 Like

dlrk evolution and 9 turns typically of 17awg wire but also do some 7 turners with 16awg. star. 12 teeth 14 pole. .2mm laminations. n48sh curved magnets. Until I hear from other motor makers, and probably need be verified given exaggerated claims or straight faced deception, I feel safe saying there are no nicer components sold.

motor starts at 62mm, wheels from there to 83 or 90. Cored wheels. all steel components. 12mm axle into hollow 20mm axle .

my winds have lower resistance than evohyax which was thrown together shooting for a certain kv and not max fill

this pic of many motors shows some of the 140 I sold before…none mechanically broke.

4 Likes

So since delta gives ~1.8 times more RPM but less torque, are you doing lower kv, and would hummie be using higher kv since wye gives ~1.8 times more torque but less RPM?

he did like a 15 turner I think it is vs 9 of what I do with thicker wire and roughly same kv

Is it possible to remove the 12mm axle from the 20mm hollow axle?

Do you have any pics of the motors without the PU wheel over it? I’m trying to figure out how I would mount my idea for an adapter plate over the end.

I think I found a good set of trucks to try out my idea!

1 Like

The width of this wouldn’t matter anyways, I would be able to just cut the extra length off where it is able to go as far into the hub as possible, measured from where the truck starts into the triangular shape.