Hoyt Puck Remote Group Buy [ENDED]

You can let it ship to a shipito warehouse and from there to you. Just make sure it’s not in the prohibited items for import to your country. You can check that on the shipito side too.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip!

1 Like

I might take you up on that, I’m split between the puck and the feather-based remote.

Yeh if anybody know when they can get shipped over to the UK is would be defo appreciated. Gonna use it for my Ollin Recurve deck and hummies. Also, how does it compare to a G2tb in a mster cho / Madmunkey enclosure for feel/throttle response? thx

Has anyone been able to bind two or more receivers to this remote? I.e. one remote to support multiple skateboards without having to redo PPM settings everytime they switch to a different board?

I read the thread but didn’t see anyone mentioned this.

1 Like

I remember it was mentioned in the beginning that the remote can be bind to multible receiver. If anybody already made it, idk.

Yea it can be done I use the same remote for 3 boards just the the PPM once when you first bind the remote and you good to go

2 Likes

Anyone had any issues binding ? I’m pressing the three buttons , the remote is flashing green and I’m turning on my unity , but no binding is taking place.

I had no issues, but never paired it eith a Unity. Don’t know why that would make a difference though…

I was a dumbass, had the PPM cable in upside down

3 Likes

Has anyone had any problems or drop outs with the Hoyt Puck since the group buy? I’m seriously thinking about ordering one but am going back and forth. I don’t think I have seen any negative reviews of it other than operator errors…

1 Like

nope, noone has had any connection issues.

3 Likes

Nope, works like a charm. No cut outs what so ever.

3 Likes

Man!! Wassup with this bs that goes on around here. People waiting on other people to take the risk before they dive in n buy shit.
This goes to everyone that might have doubts about this remotes and probably other products seen in the forum

Buy it! If you don’t like it then sell it. Don’t wait for others to test it out and take the risk for you. Do your own testing Damn!

2 Likes

Awesome, I ordered one!! Thanks guys!!!

3 Likes

There is a good reason for beta tester. Nothing bad in asking others about there experience, especially if it’s a remote which need to be reliable and isn’t cheap too.

3 Likes

Not only is that one of the purposes of the Forum, but how reviews works. Not everyone has the disposable income to impulsive buy things and test them out. Especially on a product that’s $150+ and can be deadly if it fails it certain situations.

@Socalscare is doing the smart & responsible thing for a product that’s only been out for less than a year much less six months.

As a matter of fact there is a potential problem with the hoyt remote (more so receiver) that Hoyt knows about:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ElectricSkateboarding/comments/a9ik2f/month_old_hoyt_board_no_longer_connects_to_deck/

Response to user form hoyt in the edit of the post for the lazy:

Hoyt responded and said they recently found out that the board stops connecting to the remote when it gets cold. So they acknowledge and know about the issue

But this can be isolated to a select few receivers.

Note: That this is not for the interest of damaging hoy’s sales as I own two receivers and a remote myself.

That’s terrible advice. Listen forum readers, if you’re not up for the task of potentially repairing manufacturing issues shit yourself , dont be a beta tester: wait. See if it has any kinks (there always will be) and wait to see if the kinks are worth dealing with and learning from. Research your product, research your vendor, and make education and financial decisions that best fit your income and abilities.

9 Likes

Well said sir. Very well said.

9 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy: it is as simple as just buy it and sell it if it doesn’t work for you. Trust me. People wouldn’t be in this forum if they didn’t have the disposable income for it! This hobby isn’t cheap!!
With that being said. Feel free to Keep asking whether the remote works or not I’ll be here enjoying mine.
Good luck bros :metal:t3:

1 Like

This being my first build and one that will be my daily transportation is the reason I didn’t jump on the group buy. I don’t have enough knowledge or experience to be a beta tester on a product that could potentially leave me stranded or worse… Yes I could have easily purchased one on the GB and saved a bit of $$$ but I was not comfortable doing so. I’m sorry that you think it’s BS for people not to jump in feet first but I would like this to be a positive experience for my first try and not end up getting pissed because of an untested part. As I get a bit more experience with it I will definitely be willing to jump on beta testing products for a discount, at that point I will know what to expect and can give a good review of it.

1 Like