Hoyt Puck Remote Group Buy [ENDED]

Thought you were on “Hiatus” LOL.

Have you used one?

I was on hiatus. I’m stepping back into the game again with a new build and working on getting six shooters on to hummie hubs, but still leaving my company on hiatus.

I didn’t have a chance to use the remote on the street, I just held it in my hand and pulled he throttle back and forth. Again, not trying to hate on it or anything. Just the $20 mini remote has good range, it’s smooth the whole way and never drops out. It also just works out of the box with no setting adjustments. The only thing this has over the mini is its a better form factor (and it’s a thumb throttle if that’s your thing of course, but it’s not for me). I didn’t feel any premium spring to it. We were actually talking about how cheap the spring still felt to what we were expecting

1 Like

To each their own I guess. I hate the mini remote TBH. And it looks like a cheap plastic crap. Bad Ass Red Ember decks aren’t meant for everyone. Neither is this remote. Thanks for stopping by though…?

2 Likes

I see what your saying about cheap. That is definantly true about the mini remote. It feels cheap. I guess the overall grip of this remote does feel solid. But it’s pretty easy to reskin the mini remote into a puck like this. I just personally wouldn’t spend so much on a remote. It’s sorta like the vesc 6 imo. The official one feels and looks super legit compared to say a focbox with its plastic. But one is half the price of the other and they both provide the same function.

Then don’t. I just don’t understand what your point is here. Cool, you don’t want one.

2 Likes

Hence why you don’t have an accurate representation as to the feel and quality of the remote - riding it is where it really matters and where it really performs.

I have both, I use both, and as someone who actively uses both while actually riding I can tell your for certain that it IS worth it.

2 Likes

My point is I think it’s over priced for what it is. That is all. That’s all that I need to say. It seems me saying that hurts your feelings or something. That is not my intention. I’m done responding here.

Well then I’d love to meet up sometime and try it in action. I know your not too far from me. I’m in SF. I’d be willing to go out on a limb and say it probably cost them $30 to make one. Even if it’s much better, by over priced, I mean what it should be going for.

I’m in SF you can stop and try it :wink:

My Trampa gummies arrive tomorrow and I should be on group rides in the city within a few Saturdays. I’m happy to let you try it, I’ll shoot you a message when I plan to show up.

I fuckin love it, so many legends In SF Bay Area going to the esk8 ride on this forum!

@evoheyax I got a spare one coming (InnerG) you can borrow should be here this week!

1 Like

You didn’t hurt my feelings. I just don’t think anything you have said here is useful. Its like you just want to hear yourself talk. Glad you.are done responding, i was wondering when that would happen.

6 Likes

I see a lot of going back n forth about these damn Hoyt puck remotes. I was one of the first orders when the group buy started and haven’t even received mine!! Fakkk I’m so jelly :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Just tested out the puck for the first time after getting rid of my nano x and the difference really is night and day. I also upgraded to ackmaniac software at the same time, so that’s definitely part of the reason my board is buttery smooth now. I love how I can actually release the throttle from any position and the board just coasts, unlike the nano x which would jerk me forward pretty aggressively. Definitely gonna grab another one of these for the subsonic spirit I’m planning. image

4 Likes

Got my two on Saturday.

2 Likes

What settings are you guys using? With this remote I found that these values work great for me:

Positive ramping time: 0.1 Negative ramping time: 0.1 Deadband: 0.02

@FranciscoV

Hoyt finally upgraded V1 Remote for me!

4 Likes

Love it! Got mineS today too! Can’t wait to start using them haha

Mine came in today! So excited :grin:

1 Like

Hey mate. One question. Does this remote support (like the mini) the dead man? When I turn off my mini my board starts braking. Is it possible with this remote and stock fw?

1 Like