Hoyt Puck Remote Group Buy [ENDED]

I really like what Hoyt has done…not just another electric skateboard but rather a well thought out piece of engineering and design. Hoyt encompasses form and function with great design notes. This is the type of company that is pushing Esk8 forward. I am very interested in seeing what they come up with next.

Maybe rethink the whole all terrain / mountain board approch.

Great job Hoyt Team!!!

Kevin

10 Likes

So I got my puck today. Haven’t installed it as i’m at work. It seems solid. The throttle wheel is smooth. Not as much a throw as I thought it would be but i think it has definitely has more than the nano x. I noticed something and I’m wondering if its supposed to be like this but my T button rattles/moves around a bit. The others are solid and don’t move.

1 Like

I will have to check mine. I didn’t notice anything.

1 Like

Also last chance to get in on this discount code.

You have until November 7 at 11:59 to get the puck (without the engraving)!

Thanks to all those who have participated!

1 Like

where does one enter said code? nevr mind]

Is any one here from Washington DC I will have the Hoyt board with me to demo if any one is interested I will be riding with the DC and NYC crew tomorrow all day

3 Likes

Hey guys. Did you shrink wrap the receiver? Will it lose signal strength?

I just covered one side with electrical tape and made sure not to cover the squiqqly gold bit on the side with the heat shield.

Is the antenna this one:

1 Like

Shrink wrapping won’t have a noticeable effect on signal strength

2 Likes

Just picked one up, thanks for setting this up!

1 Like

Yeah it should be I just left that part uncovered. Does it help idk.

Ok, so besides the annoying rattling the T button makes, this remote is pretty sweet. I directly compared the distance you can push this remote to my nano x and it honestly feels about the same distance, you can push maybe a tiny bit more. The remote seems so smooth, like seriously its night and day when applying the throttle. It feels more responsive. I extensively tested this on my board up and down the hallway in my apartment and it’s just plain awesome. I haven’t messed with anything else on the remote, i just set it up in vesc tools and off I went. It’s raining outside (go figure) so tomorrow I’ll get to test it out more.

Oh and I don’t have to do that annoying ass calibration any more. Huge plus there.

1 Like

Weird on the trim button. I would probably just dab a timy bit of silicone in the side to stop the rattle, but thats just me. I haven’t been home to check mine out. This is not an endorsed recommendation or anything, just me.

Oh yeah, I was planning on doing that later tomorrow. I’m not to sure if I’ll use that button much anyway.

I have played with it a little, but I didn’t need to adjust the trim at all. You likely will never have to. I will ask the guys at Hoyt about it

1 Like

Just went for a coffee run this morning, Got to say it does feel like it has a lot of travel. It’s so smooth. I got to give it time to get used to as I when I turn the remote on I try and do calibration and the board almost took off across the street. The other thing is the wrist strap location, I wish it was on the bottom as someone else mentioned. I wear bulky gloves because I like the skin to stay on my hands and I have to run the strap between my fingers which is weird but not horrible.

1 Like

You can definitely reduce the dead zone on these because the wheel is so nice and tight which gives it such a crispy an responsive feel

What’s the T button for? Trim? Trim what? Thanks guys

It’s a cool design don’t get me wrong. But just seems a bit overpriced for what it is. The lights could be used for more info, no display, and it didn’t feel significantly different when I checked it out in Vegas. The wheel has that same spring feeling as my $20 mini remote. Just too high of a price for what it is imo. It’s maybe slightly better for 8 times the price.

1 Like