How popular esk8 really is in your area?

Since I hijacked the thread before I’ll add from my Vegas perspective and @nmagz3 @KlethBane @ekitesurfer @Pablo_702 @thisrealhuman can chime in since they are all in Vegas basically…

No we don’t see any esK8 here… there are some …but it is a rare sight… def recreational and not used for commuting because of the distances for jobs and the weather extremes here… I know of a few others that have esk8 that are not on the forum…(4 people, two boosted, one stary and a big daddy eboard) they stick to their local neighborhoods…so I’m guessing there others but they aren’t out skateing downtown Las Vegas or other places I go … they just stay home and ride around the house…I’m assuming

2 Likes

From Denmark, their is not Manny. But i think 2017 is going to be a good year.

I use mine to commute, takes me 5 minutes to get to work :slight_smile:

2 Likes

lol he’s the exception lol

1 Like

Yeh i agree with you on this point, i think esk8 can be really good “neighbourhood surfing” devices so a lot of people just might choose to stay and ride there than to hassle with traffic, pedestrians, shitty roads and so on :smiley:

The place where i live, there is abour 1mile radius or so with super shitty roads, so esk8 for me can start or “get interesting” if i get some distance away from home, otherwise it is nasty curbs, freaking rain rails on pavement (u type cutout in middle.of sidewalk), old style brick roads… unimaginable for.regular longboard wheels… so yeh, thats why i stick to.mountainboard.to.at least ride.on.half more surfaces than regular wheels.could.handle (not.to.mention vibrations)

Just.my sidepoint about local ride conditions.i have to face.to.ride :smiley:

2 Likes

I think I am the weirdo here. I had the first ebike around. Now there’s only a few. I had the first e-scooter and so far i’m still the only one as far as I know. The same goes for electric skateboards. I have never seen another around. There’s a lot of hoovers tho. That shit is popular.

1 Like

Hong Kong here, almost nothing. I know one other guy on the forum and I saw one evolve zoom by in the city so that makes 3 I know of. Any powered “vehicle” that’s not a car/motorcycle is illegal but I have seen a few stealthy e-bikes. Seen a few e-scooters.

Here in Amsterdam it should be around 5 what I know from this forum and 5 who I met in person, and couple more have seem them around.

1 Like

Living in Uppsala, smaller town in Sweden, and have seen one esk8er so far. Not sure if it was a diy or branded.

1 Like

Yeah, Vegas is a driving city. Kinda like one big suburb. However, because it’s a newer town relative to the rest of the metro cities you find a lot of awesome pavement. and some roads in newer developments can be awesome for speed demons that want to test their top speeds.

yeah in portland oregon where I live there are some eskaters but not a ton. I know there are people who commute regularly because I’ve seen them from the bus and there is a relatively new eskate group here that has done a few grouprides. mostly boosted it looks like. the downhill scene is pretty great though as is the park and street scene so its only a matter of time before people get their hands on eboards and they start becoming more common.

3 Likes

Have not seen any others in my little city (Boca) but I know there are some down towards Ft. Lauderdale and Miami. You also have @longhairedboy and his group in Orlando, but I am all alone in my city so far. Kind of shocking really, you can ride year-round here, and most people who live around here wouldn’t think twice about dropping a couple grand on a toy…it’s has to be just a matter of time. I’ve never been on the forefront of anything like this before…it’s weird.

2 Likes

I know that in Finland we have aprox 25 esk8er. But i avtually haven’t never seen anyone else than my friends but i know two more from my city which i haven’t seen live.

I havnt met anyone else yet here in Miami, id be glad to ride with you lmk when you are free. I should be getting my Raptor 2 within the next 2 months so my girl will be riding the Raptor 1 the more people the merrier!

So far in Sioux Falls SD. There are only 2 of us and i dont even know the other person. I saw him/her riding a mointain board up a hill and noticed motors but then i couldnt really talk because i was driving on the opposite side and away from him or her.

Dublin Ireland i think there are 4 here i own 2, 1 diy,1 Metrooard, ive never seen any one on a eletric skateboards here,I do a 14mile round trip to and from work,when its not raining,Meetups are the way to go…This site is the only way to do it…

1 Like

I’m up for a ride! I work M-F but have the weekends. I find it better to ride early evening anyhow, when the sun sets and its not 11,000 degrees outside. Can’t wait for this winter when I don’t have to worry about an ambient air temp that is already 80% of my toots max tolerance.

I’m up for it, I work Saturdays but I’m off at 4pm and in off Friday and Sundays.

I live right outside of philly, and between the suburbs and center city I have only seen two or three eSk8s. Both being boosted boards.

1 Like

I honestly might be the only guy in my entire city that owns a board, if not even in general a longboard.

Theres NONE, as in NONE that rides them here.

The bikes paths we have are bad so i understand why.

Almost no places to ride, but yet i still ride mine everyday.

If anyones spots my comment and lives in Denmark Holstebro, please hit me up.

Its really boring to take out on trips alone :slight_smile:

2 Likes