How popular esk8 really is in your area?

Yeh I agree that bikes and scooters are more versatile…

especially if u cant properly jump up or down obstacles while riding it might be a real hurdle to use an eboard .

I am curious how you jump up and down obstacles. Is this with bindings, or is there a way to Ollie a long board that much, or do you just grab below your board and jump with your feet pulling the board up? I can’t Ollie a normal skate board that well, and have never been in to the traditional trick sorta skating thing, but would learn how to ollie better if there was a setup making this possible to clear curbs, that would be awesome.

Yes, with bindings… sidewalks and roads here are crap.

The ones who built them left many uneven surfaces. Im pretty sure with small wheels it might be instant stop at few places…

I have seen 2 esk8s here in Lithuania. Pavements and bike roads here are CRAP. Tens of thousands of e-scooters though… Someday I will get my legs shaken off for sure.

@murloc992 Which city are u from? Not as many scooter riders in Latvia but definetely can see them a lot more (also older ppl riding escooters)

@Okami as stated in my profile, I am from the capital, Vilnius. I know a guy who is riding in completely different side of the country and that’s about it.

1 Like

@Okami Huh, bindings do sound like they would make it a lot more stable in the rough parts, sometimes, its like my feet just wont stay in position. i bet they would also give it more of a snowboarding feel. Do you use a slip in binding, or the snowboard, type that ratchet down. And how did you mount them?

Im having a mountainboard, so it was already there but there are some aftermarket options.

I have open ones, feet just slide in and out, so im not tottally locked in.

There’s also freeboard bindings, they allow to only partly lock your feet in while still allowing to make jumps when needed (u can look these up, @okp uses them a lot, i think)

2 Likes

I ride Tempe town lake trail everyday commuting to work. I’ll be moving to Vegas September. If you ever wanna catch a ride lmk!

Same, i spend a few hours a day at the beach in Santa Monica and its really just the same 7 or 8 of us ripping around.

1 Like

Zero others. Just one or two segways.

My friend has one, I have seen some boosted ride.

Utrecht, NL

Still very few in Nice and Aix-en-Provence, but I’ve spotted couple riders ! Here it’s more a trend of e-scooters.

2 Likes

Oh nice! I live walking distance to the lake. We could give eachother’s boards a try! Ill pm u

1 Like

I believe I’m the only one here in the High desert.

1 Like

I’ve been eskating for 4y now. 3 months ago I saw another elongboard for the first time ever!. My mind was blown for a whole week after that. Still not back to normal…

1 Like

ughmm two :smiley:

Still the only one. Cant seem to find the other esk8r in 2 yrs since i moved to Sioux Falls

1 Like

Yo dude, you ever build your board? We’ve got a little group going if you’re ever down to ride