How much over budget did you go?

@itsmikeholland , Sorry to hear the news, send it in and I will get it back in working order. Be sure to leave some kind of note letting me know what happened. Speeds up the repair time.

@Namasaki We test every single VESC twice. The first test we make sure the bootloader and firmware is working properly and motor detection works. The second test we load the motor and make several hard directional changes and aggressive throttling at 10s. We do everything we can to make sure they work flawlessly before sending them out. And yes, we still assemble these here in our shop. :factory:

6 Likes

I started with a 600$ budget and I ended spending something around 1000$. So yeah, things weren’t as easy as I expected them to be, basically :cold_sweat:

Thanks for the reassurance. Nice to know that when they arrive, they will be good to go.

I started out with what I thought was a decent budget at $1500, but then I fell in love with all of the knowledge that I found on Endless Sphere and on this forum. So I bought a spot welder, upgraded my soldering station, bought a spool of 10AWG wire, a roll of griptape, shrink etc…In the long run, I’m hoping that it will save me a few $$$. Maybe I can hook up some of my friends. What I’m really investing in is the whole package. I want to learn as much as I can so that I can share what I know. I want to step up to the benchmarks set by my heroes in the ESK8 community. I want to give back because I have big gratitude towards everyone that has helped me out or even just posted their experiences. When I research, it feels like digging for gold! So many interesting personalities and levels of technical knowledge. I still feel like a little bitty fish in a big ass pond, but I’m growing and trying to pay my dues. Probably went double budget, but I have a lot of good spare parts now. #STOKED :v:

4 Likes