How many drone people here?

I have made my own tricopter. I don’t fly often with it but it is a lot of fun. I’m planning to buy a FPV setup in the future :smiley:

Hi, I built a quadcopter from scratch in March 2012, when multirotors wheren’t very known yet. I loved the building process as much as flying around.

The quadcopter evolved from a simple flying machine to a budget video rig with a stabilized chinese video camera, many things changed between the begining and it’s current evolution.

I dont’ fly with it since I started gaining interest in electric longboards, I have to fly it again one of this days. :slight_smile:

Here is one video made with it while flying with a Cheerson CX-20:

1 Like

Built a tri with kk 2.0 and just finished a quad with Pixhawk and tarot 2 axis gimbal. Got some fpv stuff but haven’t had time to play with it yet. Need more channels on my radio to play with different flight settings on the pixhawk. This one looks pretty sweet.

Anyone use their drones for photography??

Dream holiday for me is: Land cruiser to Iceland, Camera, drone & board in the back

Run the long wild roads on the board & drone for awesome wildscapes

1 Like

Im looking to build/buy a tri copter. give it another shot…

Would you be willing to part with this one?

I might build davids build.

http://rcexplorer.se/product/tricopter-v3-kit/ also he has an electronics kit.

1 Like

I have a lots of parts that never been built just name what you need.

Hmmm well to be honest I’m a noob to drones.

Last time I cheated out on a controller so I need a minimum of 6 Channels. But a good quality controller. Have anything in mind?

Are you willing to sell your complete?

I guess this is a form of photography! https://youtu.be/SJq9DPFn2JE

Sounds great though. I’m looking forward to flying in some new locations that are a bit far to bother walking to, but have decent enough walking/cycling access. The best flying locations are away from people, with big trees and structures to fly around. An all terrain electric skateboard will be perfect to get there.

That’s no fun. You got to build it.:grin:

That’s true…

What kind of remote do you think I should get? That’s my only concern at this point

I have Taranis from Frsky works well.

+1 on the Taranis.

The main reason I got mine!

1 Like

I built a qav500 about two years ago, having never soldered anything before in my life. Was quite proud I could actually build something that flies.

Just recently bought a phantom 4 just for simplicity. With active track and things like that…made it a lot easier to name holiday videos and I felt a little more reassured when flying it.

Now waiting for my board to come so I can try making some videos of my wiping out…I mean …

Devo tx and check out the deviationtx project

To bad they cloesed down :worried:

What do you think the best forum for drones is? Thanks

I just use r/multicopter and r/fpv

2 Likes

rcgroups.com

2 Likes