How many amps do you pull on your setup?

Original disccusion started on this thread:

Here is what @whitepony posted:

Which may give a hint to which direction should we start going, as his suggestion is more detailed than what I suggested.

nice effort! :slight_smile: not sure if this worked though - had a weird result screen after submit. also I got a lot of suggestions since many things arent clear enough and allow various funky inputs:

gear ratio -> example of input in brackets (16/36, 1:2, …) wheel size -> add unit (mm) board weight -> add unit (kg) rider weight -> add unit (kg) battery voltage -> add “nominal” battery capacity -> add unit (Ah) C-Rating -> floating number with “,” or “.”? imo: add “Continuous Current (A)” and calculate C-Rating and vice versa!

peak draw -> add unit (A) or power (W) average draw -> add unit (A) or (W) max speed -> add unit kph, mph or m/s energy consumed -> add unit (Wh) watt/hour per mile -> thats wrong, change to Wh/mile (I prefer Wh/km obviously) Energy consumed -> add unit Wh

Hill Time -> add “in % of total ride” Average incline -> add “in %”

the lower 4 entries are supposed to be what?

max wattage used -> max power used in units (W) avg wattage used -> avg power used in units (W) watt/hour -> not sure what that is supposed to be? wat/hour per mile -> Wh/mile

imo, to the right of the entries should be an example template completely filled out so that people can at least see if their numbers make ANY sense at all. not everyone is firm with basic physics, units, etc!

also, please no unnecessary input: from avg speed, distance and energy consumed, the script should calculate avg draw and Wh/mile on its own - no need for the user to calculate all that imo.

personally I would also add ESC & commutation mode (maybe as text like you did for motor), single/dual/quad config and belt/hub (which is probably halfway clear with gearing)!

p.s.: dont have access to that link: http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/custom-poll/6171

1 Like

… (wrong place)