How I made my lipo packs slimmer!

Ah, @lowGuido. The butthole that keeps on giving. :laughing:

Nice work and cool logo. :thumbsup:

Hello guys, I wanted to share my tutorial on How NOT to make your LiPo packs slimmer :stuck_out_tongue: for the guys that couldn’t find / didn’t want to use the Aluminum solder paste. Check it out here. See you!

I got a Winterstick pintail which I really wanna convert to an electric board, so I can carve carve carve, and in style :wink:

Do you guys reckon this method could work with it’s flexy deck (its 42" so could put batteries near the trucks each side), or better to add a CF layer or two to stiffen it up, and also do the flat batteries each side?

I think if your joints between each pack allow flex ie. use a few cm of cable or something, the flat pack becomes like a chain that will flex with your deck! just make sure you mount the packs to the deck really securely.

yup!

10 chars

Has Anyone taken the Multistar 4s 5.2 Ah appart ? i want to make a custom battery pack and i do not know if the cells are glued together or not :-s

Multistar is not glued :wink:

2 Likes

Are the multistar good for a 12s build?? Dual 6355

They are okay but lacks a bit of power due to the low c-rating.

These be better?? 10s 5ah http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/_32957__Turnigy_5000mAh_1S_20C_Lipoly_Single_Cell_AU_Warehouse.html?strSearch=1s%205000ma

They are way overpriced. Just buy good old Zippy Flightmax if you want to go cheap. Otherwise you can buy the new graphene lipos.

Are the graphene lipos not glued??

Actually i do not know. But i think Zippys are glued. But it is no problem to go through to cells with a credit card to split two cells. The glue aint that strong… i believe.

you might just rip the aluminum foil by doing so

Might as well do 5x 2s lipos, they are thin already and have a better c rating

1 Like

Zippy flight max is glued and you can take a credit card and split the cells. Just take your time amd do it slowly.

I splitted my Zippy 5800mah 6S the other day. It has glue between the cells, but using a credit card and some patience you’ll have them separated in 5 minutes. Just go slow and don’t apply too much force since you can puncture the foil and kill yourself. On top of the cells, where the terminals are, it has a pcb which connects the cells together. I dremeled it in half, leaving the tab between cells 3 and 4 intact. Which i carefully bended and hotglued and taped. Pictures are more clear…

Imgur

I tested the cells before taping everything. Imgur

Imgur

I know it’s not the best, but it is good enough for me. I’ve had them for 2 weeks like this, no problem.

4 Likes

What would you recommend to insulate the ends… would electric tape work? Or be safest to get some heat wrap? Btw thank you for this wealth of information, exactly what I was looking for :slight_smile:

Edit: I’m thinking hot glue and electric tape

Dude PLEASE because I’ve got two 6s 8000 multistars I’d like to “flatten” :sunglasses:

If you’re in the us, I can help you