How I made my lipo packs slimmer!

Yeah! join the Low Guido flat lipo revolution!

5 Likes

Viva La Revolution —

And you would think they would make them like that already…

Can we get a petition going? Lol

It really is a revolution !!!thanks buddy

SINCE I CAN!

I took this idea a bit farther and made a 6s2p pack. Each cell is 8amphours. So now it’s a thicker slim pack with boss range! Gonna take a while for this baby to charge lol

I have a lot of cells that I had no use for lol and I still have more. Gonna make a 10s pack next same style.

6 Likes

I actually pro lipo user compared to lithium ion batteries LOL. It’s thinner with higher density pack. I love the work guys. I’ll be waiting to the time where Tesla gona say we are switching to lipo for next production hawhahwhahwha.

3 Likes

Li-ion has greater energy density and is cheaper to manufacture so it is unlikely that tesla will give up on them.

Maybe cell to cell it is cheaper to manufacture, but for our purposes Lipo is cheaper. A Li ion pack (mine) is 10s4p. costing around 250 bucks thats without a BMS or anything fancy. While a similar Lipo (also mine) cost me about 130 dollars. Both packs are 37 volts and 10AH

i know lipo’s have downsides but theyre a good cheap alternative

li ion may have better energy density in chemistry but the cylindrical package is the worst volume efficiency. Im not sure of the exact calculation but I reckon if you were to add up the air in between each li ion cell and add that into the equation I’m pretty sure lipo would win.

oh, and here’s a pic of my latest build for those who havn’t see it yet.

22 Likes

Dayum! That looks clean.

1 Like

That and they are way more powerful discharge wise. If racing develops it will be hard to beat a lipo pack.

The board is looking nice @lowGuido. What are you plans for the bottom cover?

3 Likes

im kinda winging it, but there will be carbon fibre.

1 Like

Would you be able to make that video? I’d really appreciate it. I think it’d help so many people out on how you solder and wire everything. Thanks again.

If I had another pack to do… and if I had a camera…

actually if shipping batteries wasn’t harder than shipping uranium I’d buy a bunch, slim them re pack them and sell them for a small fee.

1 Like

I can do a thread on it and credit you. Ive done 3 packs that way already all in varying shapes lol! today im doing another

1 Like

I need to do that… Dude just make a video

got an update on this man?

Hahah … I think he has a life lol

LOL yeah I have been on vacation for a few weeks. haven’t done any more work on the board.

I grew some balls and cut down a lipo I had kicking around, here are pics. I used floss and a solvent to slowly separate the glued cells.

7 Likes

This is a great idea. How did you get the goo gone on the glue without it getting everywhere?