How fast is too fast?

Hey… 150 mufucking km/h on a wood / carbon fiber plank ? No offense, I don’t know your background and I love challenge (aim for the fucking top no matter what!) but given I only know you from here I take you’re not a pro right ?

Have you even been trailered to this speed on a normal board before ? If you are used to ride downhill I take you’ve maxed out around 100 km/h. Riding a bike or motorcycle at high speed is not taken in account as legit here : you’re asking 150km/h from a skateboard.

Not taking into account the road itself and atrocious forces running amok across your trucks, wheels, etc… you do realize that you will meet a WALL of air past a certain speed. This wall will do its best to overthrow you from your board. You’ll most likely need to be almost laid down on the board to go this fast, full tuck is not relevant anymore. Chances that you take off and fly into air while your board stays low or turns upside down are high.

Can your board do it? I’m sure there is a way ! And having the “emergency power” available looks dead thrilling. Unless you’re an absolute athlete and are well aware of your limits, I’d stay away from this idea.

3 Likes

At 96mph irronically its much safer because u can spread your arms out and fly away

50 Likes

Yeah I’m not a pro or anything I have been snowboarding and downhill skateboarding since I was 13 and I’m confident in my abilities. it’s amazing thrilling getting to feel the power from the motors with each tweet and upgrade that I get, I do have full leathers (I need better racing shoes and my gloves need work too) and full face arak helmet.

past 35mph is no good for me because i can’t keep my blunt lit. Also, i might spill my beer.

65 Likes

There’s no slop in my trucks. I’m looking into these bushings. How much do they affect low speed riding?

At this point, I would just make a go-kart to go fast. Too dangerous to go 100 mph without motorcycle leathers and longboard helmet. Dress for the slide, not the ride.

1 Like

a lot. They are rather restricting. Less turn, less dive.

And unles you have one of 3 precision trucks under your board there is slop and high tolerances on the axle etc.

2 Likes

why you say just three? i’m claiming the 12mm axles I have as precision. I can spin it on a lathe and the axle is straight there’s also no bearing slop. maybe he has the wrong motors!!!

mayby I don’t know. But there are not even a handfull of cnc trucks out there that are within the tolerances of precision. but honestly axle diameter isn’t as important on esk8 that on gravity. So your axle is bored trough in the cold hanger or forged with it together ?

the diameter I think if of value when it comes to precision as when it’s cast in the hanger it doesn’t bend the axle.

1 Like

NGV sure could use some fresh video of their drive system in action. You gotta know someone who has a camera?

1 Like

I would also strap a jetpack on my back as well. Because, you know, if your gonna die might as well go fast.

1 Like

God I love your posts.

2 Likes

Any evidence of achieving 50mph? How did you meausure your speed?

2 Likes

At this moment, I assume it’s measured with imagination

7 Likes

@Mikenopolis Well no doubt his board is capable of that speed, but if he wants to claim to be the fastest on the forum Im going to insist on some evidence.

8 Likes

Same here. Not really a doubt. But interested in seeing that speed

3 Likes

Same here. Also if it is so I got some questions. How much difference you feel between tucking and realeasing it, does the board slow down significantly? Really hopping you tuck at 50 :wink:

And it sorta loocks like this:

6 Likes

Yuup, doesn’t mean much without documentation. 8 days prior was reported as almost reaching 40mph by a reputable source. You will find talk here is not worth much amongst your peers. Calling it pants pissed at 39mph without proper documentation. @bigboystoys still on top.

4 Likes

Seems to be a trend though lately. Poeple no longer going for range, comfort or design but they want 40-50mp/h builds without experience. Scarry prospect.

10 Likes