How do you mount your xt-90s?

How do you mount your XT-90s to your enclosure?? I have seen the mounts that will do it horizontally and some nifty 3d printed ones but would be interested in seeing how everyone does it. Pictures would be great! Thanks

I think most people panel mount, 3d print, or glue.

1 Like

You also get a mounting part by Hobbyking for XT90 !

Cheers Jenso

1 Like

I use those hobby king mounts on 1.5mm g10, works great for my loop key.

Could you also just use some abs cement to attach it to the enclosure?

This seems cool as well

I found this file on thingverse for a xt90 mount and got four 3d printed via a uk online print service https://www.3dhubs.com/ and sent through the post.

Problem is none of my Xt90 connectors (yellow and black ordered from hobby king) will fit in the print as its slightly to small. This is my first experience of getting something 3d printed where it has to be an exact size to fit another part. Is it possible the original STL file is sized just right for the originators printer or is it the fault of the 3d printer service, should I ask for a refund. Do you normally have to print a few attempts resizing each time to get something like this to work for each individual printer.

1 Like

Shave it with a file or something to get your connector to fit

1 Like

There’s a few 1000 people using this one (full disclosure, its mine :slight_smile:slight_smile:

4 Likes

So I should be able to send this to a reputable 3d printing service and it should it should come back and fit my xt90 exactly without any filing or sanding. Sorry I’m new to this 3d printing lark.

1 Like

Somebody recently post anodized aluminum mounts for XT60 & XT90. Forgot where

1 Like

Yep. It even has 2 really small holes that you can put a drop of super glue in to make sure they don’t move.

Thanks I’ve give it another go.

Was it these aluminium mounts you were thinking of. I think thease are ok if you want the plug to protrude from the enclosure but not flush mounted which is what I’m after.

2 Likes

that’s it. forgot it stuck out like that.

Then, @mmaner 's 3D printed one would be the way to go.

1 Like

As150 instead of an xt90

4 Likes

How did you fix the As150 inside the enclosure did you just epoxy it. I’ve been thinking of how I can panel mount a 5.5 bullet connector out of my battery enclosure to get at the mid point in a series connection for charging.
My battery enclosure for 2x5S in series is that tight I’ve not been able to wire any proper parallel connectors for charging so I’ve T’ed-off the middle connection point with a 5.5mm bullet connect. I’ve got this idea of making two charging cable’s for each battery each using a xt-90 but with only one connector to either the - or the + and then the other connection going to the 5.5mm bullet to pick up either the + or - of the cell depending on if I’m charging battery A or B.

Since my enclosure is made of Kydex, I had some scraps laying around. I cut a hole the exact shape of the XT90 in the enclosure using a drill for roughing and an exacto knife for the finishing, then I made a “U” shape out of scrap kydex and glued it down over the XT90 plug to keep it from moving, while keeping it lined up to the hole. Not completely waterproof, but a good enough seal to keep the rocks out at least.

1 Like

And Yes, I do realize that mounting the side of the XT90 with the resistor in it (the part with the female sockets) inside the enclosure will be a huge pain if I ever fry said resistor. It would be better to mount the “male” portion in the enclosure, that way if you ever fry the resistor, you can just replace the key.

1 Like

I didn’t want to open a new thread for it. I am going to use one of the 3D print XT90 mount but I notice that the XT90 is really hard to pull it out and I am afraid I will brake the enclosure in that point over the time. Hence I was wondering whether you sand it a bit (male side) to still have a nice grip with the female part meanwhile applying less stress on the enclosure.

From what I can tell, the majority of the friction plugging and unplugging the XT90s comes from the fit of the actual copper bullets into the sockets of the other half, rather than friction between the nylon housings. You don’t want to reduce this friction, because that’s what ensures good electrical contact.

1 Like