How do I setup TorqueBoard's 12S ESC? (Partially Solved) Post #6 Lists new problem

The TB 12s comes default with the neutral width set at 7 With your program box, turn it down to 3 When I did this It increased my top end speed.

There’s no pulse width setting on the TB12s, just neutral width. The mini RC remote is very compatible with the TB12s I tried the nano remote and it worked, but not as well as the mini. IMO, the long pull trigger controls smoke the short push thumb controls.

Yeah sounds like the nano remote wasn’t meant for this esc which kinda sucks. My nuetral range was already 3 so that wont help :sweat:

Something to point out: When the ESC makes a successful connection with the remote, it will make my motor beep three times. After this point, I can use the remote to control the motor. But… The motor will only beep and become controllable if I turn the trim all the way down. At this point I can change the trim, but like I said, raising the top speed will also raise neutral speed. I feel like if there is a way for my motor to beep at a non-minimum trim I would be okay, but the esc refuses to connect unless my trim is all the way down. Basically what I’m asking is, what makes the esc decide to beep the motor and ready up? I got the motor to beep once by randomly pushing and pulling the throttle.

Beep 3 times? I may be wrong (@torqueboards) but doesn’t the beeping mean it’s counting the number of cells in the lipo? So that means it may be reading 3s? That could explain the slow speed… Also, why are you using the TB 12s ESC if you could use a car ESC @ 6s?

The newest firmware does.

I am upgrading to 12S later. Also the whole reason I bought it is because my 6S car esc broke and I wanted a more stable one. Plus, this esc has better acceleration tunning and better breaking, and it is slimer and silent because there is no fan.

Weird, my 12S TB ESC doesn’t beep for anything…

Same here no beeps on either one in my dual setup.

Your firmware doesn’t beep.

An older firmware?

The TB ESC’s that don’t beep are from an older firmware. The firmware itself is pretty much the same. The only difference is I took the beeps off initially.