How about these Rain Wheels?

Treads are just a small fraction of a wheel’s ability to grip in the rain. If the thane is trash, then the wheel is going to be useless with or without treads.

4 Likes

The wheels at the top look like they are moulded then ground unlike harfangs cnc process.

Its the finished.

Not CNC, its moulding

If ya’ll ask me, most of the wheels we currently have are trash for rain skating. There’s way better thane out there that does the job better, but most people aren’t willing to venture outside of kegel and flywheel core wheels.

1 Like

What, harfang?! I beg to differ…

well tell us. most just simply don’t know, me included.

This would have been great if they were made of rubber instead of PU. And round the edges please.

1 Like

true, if you realy want to ride in rain, than rubber seems just safer.

1 Like

Where I live, roads turn to ice rinks when it rains. PU simply can’t cut it here.

20181010_190052

20181109_200208

6 Likes

Good rain wheels are RAD Advantages in 78A, Seismic Alpha Blackops, and Seismic Speedvents, Seismic Hot Spots Blackops off the top of my head. All sets are easily grooved to improve traction in the rain. Anything high rebound like Boas is going to fuck you in the rain.

1 Like

We installed the light switch to turn the lights on and off, not to throw light switch rave parties.

@TheCheat if you search I have SEISMIC speedvents adapters in the making for carvon dd with the help of @PXSS and @moon is building a gear drive and helping out with a speedvent gear drive. finally some one else to vouch with me one of the best wheels by far

2 Likes

They are super lightweight

1 Like

Speedvents are okay. Their DEFCON formula isn’t as grippy as the Blackops formula. In that respect, I prefer Alpha Blackops.

Even then, there’s no “best” wheel, because everybody’s definition of a perfect wheel is going to differ.

They just came up with new rubber ones. I’m thinking of getting these on the TorqueBoard D-Drive motor New Rubber Wheels

You guys dont get it. even if these

are good, they wont last.

Just like any wheel on a car, they will run out of thread and be unusable for rain again. what they need to make is a deeply cut one, or a good and lightweight AT wheel that has switchable, standard thread imo

1 Like

The person who had little genuine interest in making their production board waterproof and thinking avoiding water was the answer – now is talking about the best rain wheels. Okay. :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

I agree that these are not the best option but at least they’re replaceable. They weight a pound each though. The only problem with the latest D-Drive motors is that that either have Kegel or Abec wheel types.

Please give an exact quote where I explicitly said I don’t believe in water proofing production boards. I’ll be waiting. Ahh and yes, please screenshot it. I’m not a fan of people shoving words in my mouth.