Horrible Communication By AlexTech

Haha

Yeah if you look close, the outside edge is still a dark color.

1 Like

Sorry guys Iā€™d remove the tape but rn I got em in a cooler insulated in tape I donā€™t want anything else happening this trip and I donā€™t have any tools to test for leaking cells or external cell damage.

I purchased a mach 1 elite on 3/1/2017 w/ 12s4p and dual hubs for 1,150.00 and this is what I was led to believe - that Iā€™d have a board within a week:

Now your in luck because i have the parts to start building a ā€œMach 1 Eliteā€ in either configuration (hubs or Belt) Which speeds up the delivery time by 3 days. If you paid today i would be less than a week for it to be done and ready for all the hell you can throw at it.

My last communication was in May. I have not asked for a refund yet, but that seems unlikely to happenā€¦ Iā€™ve been waiting for my shipment.

The worse part of this is the opportunity lost with all the time I missed not enjoying my board. Iā€™m really frustrated because I could have used that money to build it myself. I was trying to purchase this board to learn from.

I feel like an idiot now.

2 Likes

Added my name to the list.

1 Like

Sorryā€¦Seriously, this just keeps getting more and more unbelievable.

I was hesitant to contribute to this thread until I saw @treenutterā€™s effortsā€¦ otherwise I was debating on begging for a refund or just taking the loss.

2 Likes

Go all in here! I hope you get some money back. Or that he pays some restitution.

1 Like

If anyone rushes you to pay its probably a scam! all the sellers on here including me would never ask this!

4 Likes

Added my details.

1 Like

I am glad my sn brings you joy, even if it isnā€™t the intended meaning. I like dubstep and Iā€™ll have to look up that song/playlist!

1 Like

Donā€™t feel bad. Just learn from the experience. I am sorry he got you for more $$$ than he got me.

1 Like

@localredhead @Wubbalubbadubdub thanks for adding your details to the google doc.

I think we have enough to proceed. Iā€™ll start on Monday.

3 Likes

TBH with most this would be obviousā€¦ Iā€™m not sure but I seemed to be able to justify everything that raised eyebrows initially. There were a few things that I think caused me to look passed this:

• he used broken english in his sentences
  • he strung sentences together like he didnā€™t care about punctuation, sentences, grammar, or english
  • he didnā€™t answer questions directly/head on, or seemed to not quite understand different parts of the conversation.

The only thing he did clearly write and communicate to me in that interaction was what I posted, which was the bit about payment and delivery.

In hindsight you may read the above and be like ā€œDude, WTFā€¦ ?ā€

Iā€™m used to dealing with foreigners and foreign business people whom donā€™t quite understand the conversation at the edges but understand the gist of it. It seemed reasonable to me that the friction in doing business and communicating would be because heā€™s not from the U.S.

In addition to all of that, he seemed to have a heavy presence on these forums, and interactions with people on these forums who seem very knowledgable and respected in the community which squashed my concerns.

• I canā€™t begin to elaborate how much this swayed my judgement.
  • There was nothing but positive interaction with him on the forums by others until 1.5 months in
  • It really is what provided the confidence that he was on the up and up.

I honestly thought that I was dealing with someone who was an adult and not from this country, whom was trying to bootstrap a business. I thought he had challenges learning the language but was not too concerned. It also seemed easy for me to justify his lack of business acumen and customer service which I chalked up to a lack of experience here in the U.S. and dealing with other businesses and vendors.

I thought he had a lot of challenges in his business but to be 100% honest I felt good in supporting him. I liked his message and his goal about making an affordable e-skate for the mid-quality market. I wanted to support that and ā€œvote with my dollarsā€ a little bit.

Seriously. I feel like a complete idiot. Heā€™s a little boy.

3 Likes

You shouldnā€™t feel like an idiot Bro just be vigilant that not everyone in this world is true to there word and honest. There is plenty of threads on this forum with sellers that have alot of good feedback,just research like you would reading reviews of a product on amazon etc. I hope you all get back whatā€™s rightfully yours.

Did I miss something? I donā€™t understand why anyone on this forum would buy from this clown. Why not place an order with any of the reputable dealers who have websites? What does this kid offer that you canā€™t get from enertion, torqueboards, alien, esk8.de, unik, trampa, jlabs, psychotiller, kaly, etc? If not, thereā€™s hobbyking, ebay, alibaba, used market.

As for Alex, nowā€™s the time to start the refunds.

1 Like

It was the opposite for me. I noticed he stepped into the sales arena immediately. Then he presented himself as knowledgeable. In like a weeks time he was coming at people as if he was the go-to for everything! 2 times he got called out on stealing proprietary slogans or names. Absolutely nothing he had was original. His pictures, branding, specs, products. Info-All copy and pasted.

I pointed out to buddyā€™s how bad it was. It frustrated me instantly that anyone could come onto this forum and act like they were running the show. In fact, itā€™s discouraging for me to personally work so hard on my own products, to see how easily duped this community can be! Constantly!!!

I hope you guys get your money back. And I hope that youā€™ll do some proper research and build your own boards. I hope that youā€™ll stop overlooking the vendors that are here helping you whether you give them money or not just so you can save $3 on a groupbuy but spend $20 more on shipping/waiting and not get what you paid for anywayā€¦

8 Likes

Iā€™d have agree with Dave, and the noobs especially should be sticking with reputable vendors for the time being. You guys are gonna see more and more people offer goods and services at good price, but with a dark cloud of uncertainty if you will get the product or if itā€™s even worth buying. For the noobs, work with established vendors. They will be able to help you with the products they sell. Itā€™s worth paying an perceived premium, than going cheap. Especially in the DIY arena. This is especially true for the noobs.

As you learn abt esk8 and the community, youā€™ll be able to make an educated decision on weather to deal or take a chance on someone selling in the esk8 arena ā€¦of course there are examples of established people/vendors where people did not get the products as promised or specified (not gonna name who) so itā€™s not 100%.

Were there red flags on this? Yeah for meā€¦but as mentioned @Alextech was engaging. So, that is that. As a senior member here I saw the red flags too, but I didnā€™t say anything because I didnā€™t have any business dealings with him. Not sure if that the correct tact to take, but i donā€™t want to be the esk8 vendor police. So, what do we do in the future to reduce the risk? Think it may be time to reign this in before things become a real problem in the community.

3 Likes

Alright - you all can stop assuming that we did no research. Its insulting enough already - donā€™t insult me by thinking I did no due diligence before making the purchase.

I sat and observed his actions on the forums for a week or two before I made the decision. I had been researching for months what I wanted/needed up to that point.

I also PMā€™d a handful of members on this forum inquiring about him and they vouched for his credibility. Unfortunately I was not witness to the times he was called out - perhaps that was before my time.

He was doing several business deals with several other creditable members of the forum. I can go back and start cut and pasting names and convos - you donā€™t think that adds to his credibility when someone is dealing with him to purchase a board? I mean seriously donā€™t be so insulting - telling everyone to work with creditable people and at the same time saying you saw all the signs but didnā€™t say anything.

Who the fuck do you think I thought I was working with?

I was not purchasing this in a vacuum.

You asked what he had to offer? He was building me a custom board that checked all my boxes and it was $300 cheaper than anywhere else I could find for similar specs?

Seriously all of you can stop rubbing our noses in it now.

2 Likes

Some possible routes to take,

Have, some sort of proof for ability to deliver. If its being something that your making, show proof that you have all the materials in stock.

Of course this may be difficult to show if its a group buy. But I had to put forth a lot of money on my first GB. For those that sent money via Service, I asked for them to pay the fee, which they did, for those that sent via Fri&Fam they saved money, in my case, I had no intent to steal, as I am really loving the esk8. So they had nothing to lose. For me, I showed everything relating to the GB, all pictures and proof, I even gave contacts. Personally, it was difficult to make any money at all on it, and thatā€™s why I ordered motors for myself because at-least it saved me some money as-well, in customization and final cost vs HobbyKing.

This.

Dealing in this community already feels largely unprofessional and loosely gathered to begin with. So when looking for someone to purchase services from around here - even the lack of a website isnā€™t that much a of a red flag.

All we have to go off of is the digital trail left behind in the interactions on this forum and the information people choose to provide for transparency.

The only information I found on on these forums actually resolved my reservations because it was all positive. I searchedā€¦ I did not find negative interactions at the time.

1 Like