Horrible Communication By AlexTech

Update - @Alextech’s business mentor has communicated with the both of us and we are scheduling a conference call. I explained the overall issue to him via email. I also shared the google doc with him, so if you have an outstanding issue pls make sure the spreadsheet is up-to-date.

@mccloed @sukurity @anorak234 @willpark16 @Wubbalubbadubdub @Sander @localredhead

5 Likes

well if this was for a class then I think he deserves a D- in business lol

Still passing! D’s get degrees :wink:

5 Likes

Not in engineering. 2.0 Mandatory.

2 Likes

+1 same lol

source: am engineer

2 Likes

This business model worked for Trump right?

That could be considered a bright side…:wink:

Try getting into a Master or Ph.D program with D’s.

Any updates?

Got my refund today. Glad this is over… I wish the rest of you the best of luck

9 Likes

Nice! I’m going to check my PayPal to see if I got my refund…Nope!

:triumph:

waiting to exhale

1 Like

The business mentor has not responded to the invitation for a conference call after his first message, and @Alextech hasn’t made progress on scheduling the call. I’ve reminded @Alextech several times to move on this.

I’ve independently written to the mentor w no response yet. I told @Alextech that if the mentor seems unavailable, we should discuss togehter with his parents or legal guardians. The deadline I set for @Alextech to have a call scheduled was today,

The next step, if @Alextech is unresponsive, is for me to contact with his school or family independently. I had hoped to make progress together. My goal is to work with @Alextech to get this solved, but if he is too nervous to take action, I’ll make an attempt to contact others that could help.

@mccloed @sukurity @willpark16 @Wubbalubbadubdub @Sander @localredhead

12 Likes

@treenutter Thank you for that update.

I can’t help but feel like the “mentor” was Alex.

I wish everyone luck.

8 Likes

Very similar to my experience. I did eventually get my stuff. Not the greatest quality though.

2 Likes

Be careful with those. I had to resoldered all the phase wires. My vesc caught fire after it malfunctioned.

1 Like

Hey fire buddy that’s like my battery

2 Likes

I received this message from Alex.

“Brandon Looking at the spread sheet, a little hard to follow what exactly you wanted? we offered to send you the refund for the difference a while ago, you then still haven’t sent the parts out, acting like a hostage situation lol. We Just assume your busy, but we can and will send you that refund if you are to send back the extra parts you have to us. If not we really cant do much man, we have sent you little over $1,000 Of parts well over the amount you paid. We did this to hope to make it right by you as our first customer. But despite this it seems we didn’t come to the same consensus. Like above, we can most definitely work to get you the $150 difference if you send the parts if not, like stated we can not do much.”

Thank you -Alex

I’ll make it clear what I want right here in the public forum. I want a refund for the difference between the “Mach 1” and the “Mach 1 Elite”. I want a refund for the deck I had to replace and the enclosure which was destroyed when the shitty, broken deck he originally sent cracked in half once I was finally able to get it to work. I don’t want to front the money for returning his crappy Maytech components (half of which I should just throw away because they are toast). I want to receive the money it will take to ship this stuff back to him up front, because I trust him to not do good on his word to send me the refund once I’ve done my part of the deal. There is no reason to hold onto his garbage hubs and bootloader-less maytech vescs.

I also want him to stop lying to me and everyone else about the steps he’s going to take to make things right. For… 4 months now he’s been promising me the refund, a new enclosure, a replacement for the charging port which broke, and new belts. Before this thread, he would claim he shipped this stuff, but obviously he never did because he refused to provide a tracking number and it never showed up.

So I’m being as fair as possible, I will take the shit I’m going to return to him and get a quote for the shipping cost. Then it’s very simple. $100 for the difference between the two models, $50 for the replacement deck, $50 for the replacement enclosure, plus whatever cost it is for me to ship his crap back to him.

Alex also keeps lying to me about being his first customer. However, when I originally talked to him about buying his complete, he told me I wasn’t the first, that he had shipped a complete to another customer in Turkey.

3 Likes

Haha bro he won’t even answer my texts or pms consider yourself lucky😂

2 Likes

Hey @mccloed did you get your refund or your battery or a tracking number yet? How about a phone call?

Nope. Nada. Zilch. Nothing.

1 Like