Horrible Communication By AlexTech

Man, you really got me thinking about my site, so I checked his site out just to see where I was lacking.

His “our story” section really hit home!

"I was tired of seeing everyone getting ripped off with these cheap Chinese clones from kickstarters and getting empty promises " -Alex

“What originally started as simply building my own Electric Longboard (or more commonly known as a Esk8) became much more. The inception of the company started by just being sick of hearing about all the people who were getting ripped off by the many failed kickstarter projects, the amount of unsafe and untested Esk8 out there, and finally about just the amount of people who were becoming a victim of this. So I began to sell these boards to my friends who then told they’re friends, and so on. With the Help of the DIY community we have brought the quality and value to these boards to everyone, No more thousand dollar boards that can even climb the smallest of hills. Even if you are a power hungry user, or hill climber, here at AATS we can do it all and best part of it, it’s all tailored to you. Try to do that Esk8 Giants.”

Questions… How many of his boards are out being ridden right now? How many boards total do you think were bought and resold? What is the actual timeline that he did all of this testing?

Did he ever find the mythical beast called “low end torque” with his chinese hub motors? Isn’t it ironic that all of these said victims are mostly here in this thread? Dontcha think?

May have missed your point (was there one?) but, I think I could do a hell of a lot worse with my site now…

Guys, stop it now. @psychotiller, while we all know your products are excellent, your site does look less professional, from a noob’s point of view. A graphic restyle would be enough to solve it. @localredhead it happens. It didn’t look right, the price was just too low and he hadn’t been around for long enough. But it wasn’t actually that fishy, cause with a couple of group buys you can get those parts and sell the build for that price, but with very little profit. He could have looked legit, also cause he delivered a couple of boards, but seeing the results, this is scary.

6 Likes

I like my site. It reflects me the way I want to be pictured. Not how I think you want me to appear. It’s fluff and bullshit free. I get it. It puts some people off! I don’t care. At least my site reflects my honesty. And I’m busy. And I deliver my product. So who’s opinions matter more.

6 Likes

I’m done. I’m out. Good luck.

I have no doubt your motors can do it! I’ve seen videos of the older ones and I’ve been dreaming about a 4wd version of something like that :slight_smile:

I am more DIY than anything. I like building/tinkering more than riding. I want to learn to build these… But I’ll be honest - I don’t like the idea of winding the motors myself yet. I’d rather focus my craftsmanship elsewhere but if I had the guidance of someone more experienced I’d do it.

@Hummie Google Maps This is the pathway up from the school nearby my apartment up to my apartment. I need something that bombs UP this hill and has enough juice to get me around for 12+ miles of terrain sprinkled with hills like this. This hill is mild compared to many around here and if I was coming home from bart it would be much much steeper at parts and sustained for 1+ miles. If I was riding the board all the way home from the finance district it gets even worse and 5 times longer.

@psychotiller send someone with your product over here to show me a build that checks my boxes and I’ll buy it. I have no doubt you can build a board that gets me there

This is horrible! that spot welder looks beat up too.

Fwiw, and to add some more positive vendor suggestions to this thread for anyone who comes across this, I’ve had great experiences with these users/vendors who have no websites (that I’m aware of).

@kaly @idea @korryh @hummie @titoxd10001 @barajabali @flatlinecustoms @ralphy @yummyblobs

Yikes. I may have a problem. But I’m ok with that. :smirk:

6 Likes

I don’t know if it was his friends, or actual people who purchased boards at this point but there were a few. I recall at least 2-3 instances of other users who commented purchasing his boards or previously owning one.

I can say the same about other reputable board builders based on my limited interaction here. Its not my life I am just a consumer. I only have a limited amount of time in my life fixing screwed up websites to focus on things I want to… its not who is the best builder on these forums… I see a lot of people disagree about what seem to be fundamental things and yet they are both revered and respected as builder in their own right. Its really not as binary as you try to make it seem.

I don’t know - Do you? It seemed to go back far enough to be as credible as anything else at the time the video’s for these motors aren’t even that old…

Yes he did if he was using the same hubs in this video, https://youtu.be/7X8Nm1ZyMaM?t=155 which he said he was with modifications he helped develop to limit slippage.

Huh? You like that song too? I’m not sure what you’re point is.

At least it loads fast.

You’re the one that brought your site into this and made it about how much better your shit was and finger wagging my choice because you, for instance, are one example of exemplar quality. Do I need to circle back that far? I poked holes in what you said and here we are 2 pages later. Its not that far to scroll.

You like to generalize. I don’t have to generalize I can be very specific and targeted to respond. I’ll fix your site for a board that can make it up my hill.

1 Like

[quote=“SirDiff, post:205, topic:25597, full:true”] it wasn’t actually that fishy, cause with a couple of group buys you can get those parts and sell the build for that price, but with very little profit. He could have looked legit, also cause he delivered a couple of boards, but seeing the results, this is scary. [/quote]

This is exactly what he said when I asked about the price and how he was able to do it. I reasoned that this is why he was more aggressive about timing and getting payment sooner because he had the parts in stock supposedly to build a board that week.

This is a cool community full of creative individuals. Thankfully I’ve had a great experience with everyone .

2 Likes

Ok after this I’m out. Do you hear that funky accent in the video? Kinda sounds all goofy and upside down? Yeah that’s Jason Potter. FROM ENERTION!!! Not alex’s Video, company and certainly not his product that he was hoping to resell. Regardless. My belt driven setups (singles) would do that hill with half the effort.

You’ve got your info all mixed up man…

3 Likes

You friggen wish!!! You were Jeremiah’d before you even gave me $$$ # @chaka

Okay. Is this topic still on focus about AlexTech or is it not? It’s evolved from talking about Alex to talking about other things.

1 Like

Yes moving back to Alex I believe @treenutter is planning to talk to someone?

1 Like

Hummm… those where Jacob Hub… I dought he use is hub (they where out of stock)… but he certainly use the same marketing technique as Jacob

1 Like

I think that’s the first time someone from another country has complimented our accent…

1 Like

Dude I know who that is. I said it was the same hubs.

Do you listen as selectively as you read?

No clue what you said here. Did you read? Nobody offered to give you money. I offered you my services at a severe discount.

He said they were the same hubs and the pictures he showed looked like the same hubs.

They weren’t really the same Jacob Hub where in part is own design… he was just showing bad copie from Maytech… not the original… they have less power and top speed

1 Like