Horrible Communication By AlexTech

Yes you did.

Really? He was only a ā€œbusinessā€ for two weeks before you made your purchase. And I had 2 completes on my site for under 650 with better parts, more attention to detail and in stock. Better. In every spec and detail.

Problem is you were in a vacuum.

And before you accuse me of anything else, back up and read a little more why this thread is even here for you to sign onto.

3 Likes

A spot welder. Thereā€™s my answer. He said that he had a used spot welder that was ready to go, and I need one to build my 12s battery. Looking at @willpark16ā€™s battery though, I donā€™t think it would even have enough power to make a single weld. I payed 190USD for that + a VESC which he also claimed was more resilient than the typical 4.12 VESCs. Whatever - at this point I am hoping for Paypal to just issue my refund quickly. The only thing I seem to have done right with this transaction was insisting on paying him through business and not friends and family. Definitely worth the 3% fee or whatever it was

2 Likes

I just bought a brand new spot welder online (709A)a couple of weeks ago. works great! I googled for, 2 seconds on my phone. It cost me $179, free shipping and got to me in 2 daysā€¦

2 Likes

Perhaps the mods should look into creating a vendor section on this site? A place that lists all known vendors, whether amateurs, group buys, or professional companies, and members can post reviews and the results theyā€™ve had with each specific vendor.

I know there have been objections to dealing with customer complaints on this forum, but if it was contained to one section of this site, I think it wouldnā€™t be a problem.

That way, new builders could see which vendors are reputable and which are not, as well as see all available vendors so that they could comparison shop and not miss out on vendors like you described above.

3 Likes

Itā€™s been done by several people a few times. Believe one is pinned. Nobody reads the forum outside their current bubble.

The VESC was 90$. The Spotwelder he said was 100. It looked like a great deal to me. You are correct about another thing as well - people (including myself) should have done more research on this kid. I have bought from experience sellers many times on this forum (including you) and I have bought from less experienced sellers twice. Both of those two times I ended up having to go through PayPal to deal with the problem.

FOR ANYONE WHO READS THIS ENTIRE THREAD:

Donā€™t just do research to find out what parts you need - figure out the right places to get them as well. Use reputable sources, and find good people. Here is my personal list of good vendors (from experience):

@psychotiller @treenutter @barajabali @oriol360 @JLabs

7 Likes

And what about @JohnnyMeduse ā€¦ (got to do some shameless plug from time to time :sweat_smile:)

10 Likes

I try to plug you as often as I can!

4 Likes
  • Not true. he had interactions on this forum going much further back. Define ā€˜businessā€™. AFAIK a business around here is a group of friends agreeing to purchase things in a forum. It appeared to me he had quite a bit of history dealing with jacob hubs or variations of them and modifying them to help resolve wheel slippage issues.

I donā€™t think you should be saying blanket statements like this to try and prove points

This is your opinion 100% and you are also assuming far too much. If you read what I wrote previously (itā€™s ok I wrote a lot) you would see that I was getting a custom build. So how do you know yours were better at all? You are presuming so.

How can you say better attention to detail when your site looks like it does? Your site isnā€™t more confidence inspiring than his was at the timeā€¦ I am being brutally honest with you right now. Iā€™m comparing https://psychotiller.com/product/custom-build-1 with https://www.aatorquesystems.com/product-page/mach-1-elite as a consumer and a web-developer.

His blows yours out of the water. He has more attention to detail just comparing these two pages. I would trust his before yours - and my 15 years of experience building websites and doing customer usability research informs me that any consumer with $1300 to spend would agree with me. You obviously do not weight they same things I do as a consumer - instead you say we are ā€˜noobsā€™ and just donā€™t know.

The custom build you offer right now for $1300 does not stack up to the specā€™s I was purchasing at $1150 and would perform like crap where I live in S.F. I need more battery and more low-end torque and I need a shit ton more than youā€™re offering at 1300 because every hill where I live is between 15-23 degrees and I live at the top of a 2-mile long hill climb.

• Nope - again I PMā€™d other people on these forums and did lots of research. You didnā€™t read what I wrote. He was not the first person I reached out to.

I actually tried to reach out to 4 or 5 other reputable members to purchase boards or inquire about a custom for my needs and never got responses from quite a few and the 2 that did respond to me referred me to others who did not respond to my PMā€™s.

I wanted to find someone local - in my area to work with. I wanted to support a local e-skate company that was offering completes (heā€™s local to me, within an hour).

3 Likes

hmmmā€¦ so everyone is in a vaccuum?

Iā€™m in sf. You should come meet me in a week and try out the new motors and board I have.

As far as Alex ā€¦I talked to him on the phone once and he was interested in getting motors from me to sell but we never worked it out. I think he was trying to get a real business going and not intending to screw anyone but he tried to go super cheap and fast and bit off too much.

5 Likes

Iā€™d love to! Where can I see about the new motors? any more pics somewhere?

Bahaha! OKAY!!! Go about your business of spending money wisely! Youā€™ve definitely got it all figured out. Going off of the BS he presented (but couldnā€™t deliver) Even my Custom, which is there for example of price only, would have eaten that board alive.

Anytime, and I mean anytime you want to meet up and compare boards let me know. Actually there are plenty of other members closer to you than me that have purchased from me. Iā€™m sure theyā€™ll set you straight.

Best of luck!

Funny to notice also that itā€™s one of my enclosures on the build you liked.

There is absolutely no way that board would make it up my drive way to the apartment.

Put your money where your mouth is.

1 Like

I just got parts and this and that so another week but Iā€™d rather sell to local people than anywhere else. These are motors based off the old I used to sell at Steelhubs.com with a bunch of upgrades. Depending how much of a hobbyist u are, or how cheap, you could wind these yourself

I bet any board could get up ur driveway if u upā€™d the amps to the motor. All these vehicles w out runner motors have a peak power / torque that can do it just a question of how much power from the esc to motor u set it to and how efficient u want to be or how long the road is @localredhead whatā€™s ur hill/driveway? Iā€™ll come over and do it at 25mph

1 Like

I just received the spot welder but not VESCā€¦ he did include a message and money to compensate for the VESC but as I stated before, at this point I am simply waiting for a refund. He also said that there would be a manual IN ENGLISH so that I could use the spot welder. There wasnā€™t. The package was beat up and the welder sounded like it had multiple items rattling inside. I am sending it back. Hereā€™s a few quick pictures:

2 Likes

Yaaaaay!!! Ohhhhhhh!