Homebrewed spot welders

Hi,

I have 8 packs of:

PCB printed by PCBWay, latest design (13Jun2016), single piece to be cut. Foot switch from kEK, 10 x 6 x 3.5 cm. Arduino Nano v3 (ATMEGA328P-AU, CH340) in antistatic bag.

13 EUR + shipping from .HU

Let me know if you are interested!

R, J.

1 Like

@kovjanos Make a Pack with all necessary components and Iā€™m in!

1 Like

Hi @Tarzan,

I checked but:

• cable and battery terminal set are heavy, more than 2x heavier than the 3 components. In local stores they are cheaper plus you have to select the terminal based on the car battery you use.
  • electronic components can be easily ordered in 1 pack with 1 click from .DE - and the price is almost the best: https://secure.reichelt.de/index.html?&ACTION=20&AWKID=1203408&PROVID=2084

R, J.

1 Like

there is a reichelt shopping card link - just order it yourself and you are good. https://secure.reichelt.de/index.html?&ACTION=20&AWKID=1203408&PROVID=2084 (Ok you need to also buy cables and a car battery)

Edit: @kovjanos was 10 microseconds faster :smiley:

Your three parts + link from reichelt + (additionally) car battery = complete spotwelder? The terminal must match the battery. Which/What terminal? Does i am missing something?

you also need cables and electrodes. with the terminal I think he means something like this: https://www.hornbach.de/shop/Presskabelschuh-16-x-10-5/4046168/artikel.html which is for the connection to the battery

Hi @DeathCookies,

You will also need:

• some cables - thin for powering the board and connecting the foot switch and thick for welding.
  • something to mount the thick cable to the battery, e.g. terminal set

E.g. 1m of 1G10 cable plus a pair of small terminal set that fits on my battery.

R, J.

1 Like

What did you use for electrodes?

I think they usually just use a piece of 10mmĀ² solid copper wire and remove the insulation.

1 Like

Similar size but solid copper wire. Just find a friendly guy in the shop and agree to pay extra 20cm of the welding wire but have the 20cm from the solid wire. This is good if minimal length to buy would be 1mā€¦ If you are lucky you will get it for free :slight_smile:

R, J.

1 Like

Awesome guys! I ordered the parts from reichelt.de now I need your three parts. Shipping to Germany is okay I hope :smiley: PM me your Paypal and you have a customer.

Lets buy together to save some shipping costs? i believe you live in hagen? I am from muenster so we could arrange something?

If we save some ā‚¬ of course! Unfortunately I have ordered the parts from Reichelt 4 min ago. 5,50 ā‚¬ Shipping :frowning:

Canā€™t you cancel the order? Shouldnā€™t be a problem so close to the time of order.

@DeathCookies and @Tarzan: should I pack 2 sets of the 3 components into one box? That would really save some EUR for you if you chose DPD or GLS but as a standard post parcel it would save only ~2EUR (~8 instead of 2x ~5) as one pack is ~160g and the limit is 250g but the two packs would fit only into the 500g limitā€¦

R, J.

@Maxid I wrote an email to Reichelt that I like to cancel my order. Weā€™ll see how that turns out. All in all the savings arenā€™t that high and how do you plan to exchange the goods? Sending it in a package is more expensive and a drive by car as well! @kovjanos Weā€™ll buy two, but give us some time to figure out how we do it. Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s worth it to pack it in one package.

Well you are right. it does not matter because the shipping cost is only 5ā‚¬ to germany. (He have to check if it has insurance because he had bad experiences with it when the shipping company lost some parcelsā€¦) It would only make a difference if we would ship it by dpd or ghs 18-22ā‚¬.

The shipping cost in germany would be only 4ā‚¬ (Hermes PƤckchen).

@Tarzan 8ā‚¬ for registered mail and if we buy together it would be 11ā‚¬

Calculation: Together: 11ā‚¬ to germany 5,50ā‚¬ from reichelt 4ā‚¬ to me = 20,50 / 10,25 each

Alone: 8ā‚¬ to germany 5,50 from reichelt = 13,50 each

Well that would save 3,25ā‚¬ :joy: With that calculation i dont mind if we buy it together or not. But if somebody else wanna chime in it would make sense.

Maybe we wait for the weekend and the answer of reichelt. So is somebody in Germany interested in a cheap spotwelder kit? @whitepony @HH1 @E-Boarding @hexakopter @flatsp0t to name some I could add terminals, wires and mashined electrodes if you are interested.

1 Like

my stone age version works too well to swap it for something else, but I really like this arduino based spot welder. have fun fiddling it together :slight_smile: