Higher precision bearings (Beta/Testing Stage)

I can get you the link I don’t think they will be the same price as above as that is my rate.

https://verinentbearing.com/shop-by-bearing/

Wow, $15.39 each for HY608-2RH PEEK P63 VG001 is $123.12 excluding pulley bearings. If they last through brine and grit though, they’d be worth it in the end…

I would have to check what my price is I know it is less than the 15.39 cause I am basically there test person for skateboards cause I contacted them several years ago when this was in the works but they can probably do a sample price.

Having all the motor bearings and pulley bearings and wheel bearings made from those would be bringing esk8 further into the “tool” world and away from the “toy” world, which would be fantastic :slight_smile:

I’ll have to wait until Monday to ask them about my price for a sample

Just wanted to say I am interested in getting 8 sets (64 total) bearings if you get a group buy together.

What types I will see what prices I can get

So I got my discount for the bearings. I’m check with them to see if they could just drop ship a set to you so you can be a tester and eliminates the extra shipping. Figured if they work for you then they will work for basically anyone. Price would be about $50 for a set of 8 hybrid bearings may be different once I get the shipping figured out I figured a 50 spot isnt to bad for high precision bearing. What is the zip? . You can pm me if you want.

1 Like

These are screenshots of drawing and the specs of the bearings right from the manufacturer.

Ordered a set of hybrids for @b264 to start testing in his extreme winter travels. If anyone else is interested or has questions let me know.

1 Like

20181215_030608 20181215_030646%20(copy) https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/no-words-just-pictures-delete-words-use-pm/2992/8497?u=b264

5 Likes

These feel packed with grease. They feel like they would be terrible for downhill longboarding, but these may be exactly what we are looking for in an all-weather powered skate. I will subject them to a harsh Midwestern winter and see what happens.

5 Likes

Screenshot%20from%202018-12-15%2003-03-55

2 Likes

Would you mind popping a seal off of one so we could have a peek at the grease, seals, and size of the steps?

They have so many product lines, which one do you use?

I feel like that may not be reversible

1 Like

That’s unfortunate. Well, once one inevitably blows up please do some sciencing for us! Unless they never go bad o.0

2 Likes

I’m impatient to check your feedback on these.

I’m still super doubtful that it will bring any benefit over cheaper hard steel on steel bearings packed with the same amount of grease inside.

No bashing, I’ve seen so much BS about bearings magic it made me unbeliever. I’ll happily be proven wrong.

1 Like

I do know they do have a break in time that it will take some time before they roll smoother not under weight. I’ll double check what seals they have I know they have multiple seals that they could do for me.

I’ve used zealous ceramics for a very long time now for both eskate and downhill. They are packed with grease from the start and free spin is pretty average when new(spin them in the air). In the real world under load it makes literally 0 difference. I could switch to bearings that would spin for 2 minutes (that were of similar or higher cost) without stopping and the thin grease would always stop sooner on the board. Not only that they run dead silent. What I’m getting at is - A bearing under 60-100kgs and full of grease probably won’t have it’s top speed or rolling distance greatly change vs the same bearing with a thin grease. For me what I want isln a bearing is something high quality with built in spacer, ceramic and a good ceramic grease. Do this and I’d be interested in giving it a go over the zealous.

Note that my friends and I have been using them for years multiple times a week with no failures. One friend is currently using them to get to work daily running almost 40km a day. Just wipes them clean and keeps going.

2 Likes