High Power 10s Lipo Battery Pack with BMS

hmmm that would be the only thing that would kill the price for me, i was thinking about a cheaper bms just for charging

These are very reasonably priced. Only around $60 Or you could use a less expensive charge only bms. Just be careful, some cheap bms’s are unreliable.

just need to buy 2 of them is the only problem and then sent to New Zealand which i would get cause they have a switch built in but finding another buyer for one with NZ shipping fees might be hard.

2 Likes

Just charged the battery to 100% and when for a test ride through the hills. 4.5 miles and the battery only dropped to 84%! Think I’m gonna get more than the 10mi I was hoping for.

3 Likes

Wait sorry if I misunderstood, but the lipos are 10S 5000mah? And they’re in series? Wouldn’t that mean they are 50S 5000mah? I obviously don’t think that’s what you are trying to do so I just kinda assumed it’s 10S 25a?

There are 5 packs in series. Each pack is a 2s/5000mah/60c So its a 10s1p 5ah 300a discharge. You may ask, Why in the world would anyone need a battery with 300a discharge? Point is, very little or no voltage sag when accelerating or climbing hills. When voltage sag is greatly reduced, You can take the pack lower without tripping the low voltage protection. And less capacity is needed.

UPDATE The true discharge capability of this battery is more like 90a, NOT 300a.

7 Likes

If you conecting battery in series the discharge is counting same as Ah? Only voltage doubles. 5x 2s 5000mah 60c in series = 10s 5000mah 60c? Max amps at 10s (36v) : 60c x 5000mah ÷1000= 300a Or in paralles capacity and discharge doubles? 5x 2s 5000mah 60c in parallel= 2s 250mah 300c? Max amps at 2s (7.4v) : 300c x 5000mah ÷1000= 1500a Am I wrong?

1 Like

In parallel it would be 7.4v Voltage would be too low for eskate. The C rating doesn’t change. Only voltage or capacity changes.

You could connect 6 packs in series and parallel To make a 6s2p 22v 10ah 60c

Some right some wrong. The C rating never changes. Series = multiply voltage Parallel = multiply capacity Five 2s/5ah/60c in series =10s/5ah/60c Five 2s/5ah/60c in parallel =2s/25ah/60c

11 Likes

Hey, really cool build. Very inspired and wantt to do something similar. Is it possible that you could make a diagram of what you did? I recently joined the community and have been reading a lot to figure out how the BMS works and what not but can’t quite understand how you set this up. (I understand the series connections but not the BMS part)

2 Likes

I’m with you on this one. wanting to buy Turnigy 5000mah 2s 20c, but no idea (at least, its 3am where I live my brain might be fried) how to increase cap with those batt packs and increase its voltage?

1 Like

I’m at work now but soon I will give you more info on the balance wiring as soon as I can.

I highly recommend you get the 60C packs, not 20C. With 20c you will have less range because of increased voltage sag.

2 Likes

Found the 60C packs x5, how do you reckon I can increase the cap all while increasing voltage, and sag

Yeah sounds good. Thanks for the help!

The blue blocks are quick disconnects which makes for easier setup and maintenance.

28 Likes

I used the 2s 5000 60c because they offer high current capability while having a very compact footprint. If space is not an issue, you could use Zippy flight max 8000 30c I haven’t had time to do a full on range test with this setup yet but I have logged about 13 miles without using up a full charge.

3 Likes

Thanks for the help, great diagram. Two questions-

1. Does the charge port come with the BMS? I’ve never used anything like this.

2. Where did you get the E Switch?

Thanks for everything.

Oh and what are you using for an enclosure? Sorry for all the questions.