Help with upgrading Trampa Urban Electric Carver to Mountainboard

Is Etoxx’s Mini Gear drive not for the Mini Hanger?

Mini means just the 1:4 gear ratio and they lighter and use pom(?) as wheel gear. As far as I know you can use them on any trampa hanger as long as the hanger is machined.

I can’t find the information on the etoxx side, but looks like @370HSSV selling one with machined mini hanger

1 Like

Is this because 2 motors won’t fit in the mini hangars?

Two motors will fit on your mini hanger too. Just you need to have a look on the motor size. For example the sk8 6374 motors way longer than 74mm and they wouldn’t fit on the mini hanger.

Should I specifically go for the 149KV? I’ve been reading a lot on this form and am still very confused about what KV is best.

The less speed you need, the lower I would go in the kV. Everything between 130-190kV will work. I personally think 150-170kV is a good range for speed and torque.

Like @Andy87 said, real 6374 motors like APS or Unik/Maytech fit, it’s tight but possible and you have to mount the second motor mount with the motor already mounted.

The SK8 motor including nipple is almost 90mm, it’s huuuuuge :smile:

Do you run on 12s?

Ok, so if I stayed with 6364s they would.

Yip.

How many teeth does your wheel pulley have?

The cheapest option then sounds like just sticking with a single motor but upgrading to. 6374 149kv. However, this may still not give me a longer term solution.

The next option could be to upgrade to dual motors and stick with the 6364 136kvs to make it easier for them to fit. Obviously I’d need an additional vesc and more batteries or larger batteries (I’m currently running 2x 6s 6000mah GensAce) and another battery box.

I bought the board with a 14t but have replaced with a 13t. It helped a very small bit.

I mean the wheel pulley, I guess it’s 62 teeth, Trampa homepage says 66T but I think that’s a typo.

Ah. Didn’t read. Again.

Didn’t realise it’s 62? Is 66 really a typo? Must I go count them individually? :face_with_monocle:

In the description (parts used) is the 66T pulley but when looking at pulleys then 62T is for 6.5" Urban Treads, but both works. It would be good to know regarding choosing the motor kv.

Tpulley

My wheel pulley is silver, not the black, so perhaps it is 66.