HELP Soldering my batterys

Vibration IS the issue. Everything else is a minor detail.

At that time I thought my batteries were well built however I missed so many things, I didn’t use fish paper between P-groups, additional fish paper on positive terminals, didn’t secured my batteries to the enclosure with heavy-duty double sided tape, used only one layer of 0.15mm nickel, strip, used a bad nickel strip material which rusted over time, didn’t used kapton, didn’t use enough isolation on bare wires, used a bad technique to build flexible batteries, lack of isolation on charging port, used bullet connectors instad of XT connectrors, so many things I do now and after all this gained knowledge the risk of fire is still be there.

5 Likes

Just came from the lounge to see what all the fuss was about and daaaaaaaamn! Dismantle that bomb and do a lot more research. It is all here for you to access.

1 Like

ok, guys i will stop constructing a nuke and i will buy nickel and start again… thank for your attention.

12 Likes

There aren’t too many resources on here about building a battery pack but hopefully one day we can get an experienced builder to make a how-to/guide.

The best I found so far is this

2 Likes

:yum: that’s why I said good technique but not great. Thanks for the detailed run down though on the improvements.

The new packs look pretty damn nice.

Guys check this pack.

I didn’t really see how the ballence wires where run though?

1 Like

I’m not runing any bms on my Pho3nix, I’ll install a Bestech d122 for charging as soon as I receive it.

Here’s how you should wire the BMS using my improoved technique

IMG-20180809-WA0008

10 Likes

Looks like a kaly pack. awesome work

1 Like

Way to improve your build!!

No, it’s mine :sunglasses:

1 Like

This Nikkel strip is good?

https://eu.nkon.nl/accessories/battery-solder-strip/nikkel-battijersoldeerstrip-25mm.html

That strip is 25mm wide and your cells are only 18mm wide.

2 Likes

but still works? I did not find anything else

i can cut to 18mm

Why would you do that… Just buy the right things

this

https://eu.nkon.nl/accessories/battery-solder-strip/nikkel-battijersoldeerstrip-10mm.html

you will find all this info and more in other threads on this forum. search and you will find. that and experience is how 90% of the members gain their wisdom :mage:t3:

1 Like

if stacking 2 layers of cells and using one strip on both layers, 25mm would work with no cutting. @longhairedboy did it if I recall correctly

Aliexpress has some 8mm 0.2T nickel…

Though u need to buy a kilo…

If u need small amount, maybe I or @rojitor can help out.

What welder are u planning to use?

And always check the nickel from AliExpress by put them into salt water and look if they become rusty after one day. They write it’s 99% nickel but often it’s not

1 Like